We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emjay

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Emjay

Hi Reet, can you direct me to your blog pages, I never finished reading the last part of your holiday and really enjoyed everything I read.

Jane

;-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emjay

Hi Jane

This was the link to the last one, you can read the previous journals from this. travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-118743.html

Hi Reet, hope you don't mind me answering, your blogs are brilliant and I just love reading them, so. I'm sure Jane will too. Lee

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emjay

Thanks lee.

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Emjay

Her blog is a great fun. I love photos too. My photos are not as nice as hers!! She can be a professional photographer.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emjay

Hahahaha thanks everyone - again!! The direct link is www.travelblog.org/bloggers/reet but you can get there thru Lee's link too. I was pretty happy with my photos too as I am one of those random photo shooters as I dont have alot of patience but was really getting into it over there!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emjay

Thanks Reet

I saw this half way down page 2 this morning, and I know how much I enjoy reading them. Didn't want it to slip out of sight, in case you weren't anywhere near computer. We are off to the Grand at Glenelg for the night (using up the "flybys" points), thought we might practice playing tourists, glad the weather's warm.

Lee xx

Adelaide
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emjay

Hi Lee

Have fun at the Grand. We love staying there and pretending we do it all the time! There is always so much happenning and so many people at the Bay on a Saturday night and with this weather today it sure will be humming. We are going out down that way for a BBQ and may have a walk along the front later on. We will probaly think it's quiet after Patong and there won't be a ladyboy in sight!!

Enjoy.....

Lesley

xxxxx

P.S. The breakfast buffet at Merlin Beach reminded me of the Grand's breakfast so I hope you are having that!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emjay

Wil I ever learn to proof read before I press the post button????

L

x

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emjay

Reet, just finished reading your blog. Wow! what an awesome and amazing experience you have had. The blog about Cambodia is indeed heart wrenching! My daughter (almost 14) has an oppotunity to go there this year with her grandparents (they go every year to visit church friends who run a school there) and I've been saying no (Mum's find it hard to say yes to that sort of trip!!!). I'll get her to read your blog, see how she feels about it then. I think if she goes I will have to go with her! Thanks for taking the time to put this together to share with us, gotta say its given me an even worse case of travel bug as if the going to phuket didn't give it to me bad enough already! Thanks again.

PS, those of us in Adelaide really should meet up at a Thai restaurant sometime!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emjay

You should let your daughter go, as heart wrenching as it is, it is also such an eye opener and would be a good lesson for our teenagers that take so much for granted. The people are beautiful despite all their hardships. I just finished reading "First They Killed My Father" - such a sad book, if any of the Adelaide TA's want to borrow it let me know!

We should all definately organise to catch up for dinner - Lesley, Lee, Cathy interested?

Reet xx

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emjay

I Have only just realised why I seem to easily relate to you guys.I

am origanally from SA and like

to stay at the Grand when home.

Now live in vic but always go crows.

Only lived here 20 years but stil call SA home.

I love all your stories and as we are going again in May I am

addicted to TA again. Please everybody keep the stories coming.