We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa

Castro Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

We're going through the process of filling out the Vietnam E-Visa and one of questions asked is to select an airport, landport or seaport for "exit through checkpoint". Our dilemma is that we haven't decided whether to fly or take the bus from HCMC which to Phnom Penh. What happens if on the e-visa application we select an Tan Son Nhat airport as the exit checkpoint, but we decide to take a bus from HCMC to Phnom Penh.

Thanks

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
16,606 posts
84 reviews
68 helpful votes
1. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

What kind of air ticket - one way or round trip?

Castro Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

Hi JD,

The air ticket would be one way. The rest of our air travel details are, that we enter Vietnam by flying into Hanoi (Noi Bai) and about 14 days later we depart HCMC either by air or bus to Cambodia and do not return to Vietnam. In case its relevant, we're applying for a 30 day single entry e-visa

Thanks!

Castro Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

In case this is useful to someone else, I emailed the contact info listed on the Vietnam E-visa site and received a prompt reply that would be okay to exit from a different exit checkpoint than that specified on the e-visa application.

1 post
4. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

thanks. that was very useful :D

Pacific Palms...
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,929 posts
49 reviews
39 helpful votes
5. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

Which website are you talking to ? Some middle men have been reported as being untrustworthy.

Cheers Ross

Castro Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

Ross is correct that there are scam sites posing as official Vietnam e-Visa websites. The site I used to get e-visa's for my family is listed below. Be sure to leave extra time just in case of problems. It only took 2 to 3 business days to receive our evisa's, but we entered the incorrect passport number on my daughter's e-visa application so it was rejected. We re-submitted the application and fortunately we received her e-visa the day before she arrived in Vietnam.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/trang-chu-ttdt

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

Hi Aleecv, thank you very much for sharing this !

To know that it would be okay to exit from a different exit checkpoint than that specified on the e-visa application is very helpful for me !

I have 2 questions for you :

- if you finally left Vietnam from a different exit checkpoint than that specified on the e-visa application, what is really okay ? (no difference between the email and the reality ?)

- did you already have a proof of departure from Vietnam when you arrived there (air or bus ticket from HCMC) ? If not, was it an issue for you to come into VN ?

Thanks

Estelle

Castro Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

Hi Estelle,

Regarding your first question "if you finally left Vietnam from a different exit checkpoint than that specified on the e-visa application, what is really okay ? (no difference between the email and the reality ?)"

I ended up departing Vietnam from the same exit checkpoint that I listed on my e-visa application, so I don't know in reality whether it would be okay or not. I suggest you list the exit checkpoint that you you think you're most likely to use. And if you end up departing Vietnam from a different checkpoint that what was listed on your e-visa application, try to exit from one of the larger checkpoints such as Hanoi or HCMC international airports, which are larger and more sophisticated. Also allow for extra time on your departure date in case you run into any problems.

Regarding your 2nd question "did you already have a proof of departure from Vietnam when you arrived there (air or bus ticket from HCMC)? If not, was it an issue for you to come into VN?

We did not have proof of departure when we arrived and it was not a problem for us nor our daughter who loved Vietnam so much that she went back again for another month. She didn't have a set departure date nor ticket either.

All the best and I hope you have a fantastic time!

aleecv

Gresham, OR
7 posts
9. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

Thank you! That was very helpful!

Cologne, Germany
2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Advice - What to list for Exit through checkpoint for E-Visa
Save

Hi,

did s.o. meanwhile leave through the `wrong' exit checkpoint? Was ist easy or did it cause problems?

Cheers,

Torsten

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.