We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would love advice on where to go - vietnam, cambodia & laos

Sydney
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Would love advice on where to go - vietnam, cambodia & laos

Hey everyone,

I'm luck to be going to northern thailand in 3 weeks time, but have found i left my research too late! so...to stop overload, i am planning my november trip to V, C & L NOW!

and i'm looking for help :-)

me, my husband, and our 2 best friends are going for 3 - 4 weeks mid november. firstly, is this a good time for us to be going to all three places? secondly...can anyone who has been possibly give me a great idea for a roundabout itinerary...? where should we even begin this trip? should it be an organised tour or do it all ourselves? we are backpacking and were thinking to just do it ourselves...but are there areas that anyone would recommend a tour for safety?

I'm a little scared about this trip actually....are the boats across to laos really that bad? my brother's girlfriend said it was really rough and the boats coming toward them had helmets on and they didnt' get any....ahh!!

also, on a more important note....what are the guest houses like? can you get cheap accommodation which is still nice? we have heaps of recommendations for thailand...but my brother had a bad experience with rats in vietnam...yes....it was 50c accommodation...but still....is this an issue at all? he has travelled throughout asia many times and quite extensively so for him it wasn't much of an issue...but for me...it's a no no!!!

thanks everyone, won't post too much, or i'll get confused even more!

jo xo

sel.malaysia
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Would love advice on where to go - vietnam, cambodia & laos

Northern Thailand:Chang Mai>Chang Rai>Ma hae song>Ma Sae >golden triangle-Lao and Cambodia.Guest house should be OK but hotel also inexpensive at these area

2. Re: Would love advice on where to go - vietnam, cambodia & laos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 07:16