We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

Hi I am travelling to Vietnam and Cambodia in March but I am not sure what type of travel adaptom I should buy. I want to get an adaptor that is suitable for different countries. Can anyone recommend one. Thank you

7 replies to this topic
Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
138 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

we're going to vietnam tomorrow, and they apparently take both american & australian plugs

(i don't remember about cambodia though, it was about 15 years ago that i went there).

we've just bought an international adaptor that should work in any country. it only takes one plug but has 2 usb ports -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Adapters-International-Charger-Adaptor-Green/dp/B071H2DS61/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512933875&sr=8-1&keywords=international+travel+adaptor+with+usb+green

London
Level Contributor
76 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

We are just back from a similar trip. The sockets varied a bit between hotels - I took a nifty international adaptor from amazon that included European (round pin) and american (flat pin). Some places also took UK 3 pin. We probably used the European adaptor the most!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

Most hotels are fitting universal power points to their rooms, if they don't , they will lend you an adapter

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

Cambodia and Thailand use the same straight 2 prong socket.Not sure about Vietnam. Everything I needed power for was via usb, so just bought a multi usb charger with plugs to suit Cambodia/Thailand for a couple of dollars on ebay & took a couple of usb leads

Herne Bay, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

I am traveling to Japan and Vietnam and Cambodia. I have a Cromarty’s travel adaptor. Is this suitable for these places

Level Contributor
294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

In Vietnam, 2-prong flat American plugs, and 2-prong round European plugs will work in most places. 3-prong American may work in some places, but may need an adapter in others. 3-prong UK-plugs most likely need an adapter.

Read here for more detail info.

https:/…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia

Hotels will lend you an adapter if they dont have universal power points. If you are Australian, Kmart and Big W are selling a higher quality adapter now for $6, much better than the local $1 variety. Although ironically the better ones being sold in Australia are made in Vietnam also.

Reply to: Travel adaptor for Vietnam and Cambodia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted