We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage allowance Vietnam Airlines

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage allowance Vietnam Airlines

I have read that domestically in Vietnam you can only travel with 10Kg's of luggage.

What happens when you leave Australia with close to 20 Kg's. Or do the airlines make allowances if you are flying internationally with them.

I have trouble packing light and then once I start shopping.

I always go overweight and have only once had to pay.

Look forward to peoples experience........

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage allowance Vietnam Airlines

hi Holidaytime40,

i just travelled twice with VN airlines , both times hubby and i between us had 30kg , i just looked it up and the limit is 20 kgs each,economy class and 30 kg ea business class.

have a look at this link

www.vietnamairlines.com/default.aspx…

cheers

batt

Australia
Level Contributor
698 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage allowance Vietnam Airlines

If you come to Vietnam from Melbourne, Aus, you should be ok as Batt shown above: The staff at check in may be let you go if your baggage ' slightly over 20kgs,if it over far the limit you will be pay about 12Us/kg.For those travellers who come from North America, this is a serious problem since the airlines allow them to check -in 2 piecesfrom there, and oncethey come into VN, domestic flight 'allowance is only 20kgs!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage allowance Vietnam Airlines

I have just answered my own question today. I picked up our tickets today and we are allowed 30 kilos as written on the tickets and even our domestic flights on VN are 30 kilos. Phew.

I must be if you buy domestic tickets in Vietnam you are only allowed 10 kilos?

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage allowance Vietnam Airlines

Hi everyone,

Found this posted on VN airlines website for checked baggage allowance:

" Checked Baggage

"Checked baggage" means baggage, which is delivered to and accepted by the carrier for carriage and for which a baggage check (baggage tag) is issued. Checked baggage, therefore, is the baggage which the carrier takes sole custody of until returned to the passenger

Free Baggage Allowance

a) Weight System:

A weight system is applied for all Vietnam Airlines' route networks (except cases specified in part b-Piece Systems)

• Business Class (C): maximum 30 kg of checked baggage.

• Economy Class (Y): maximum 20 kg of checked baggage.

b) Piece System:

The piece System applies for through checked-in baggage of the itinerary from HAN/SGN to America/ Canada/Hawaii/Guam and from America/Canada to Vietnam, which connecting from/to Vietnam Airlines flights at gateways within 24 hours. Other cases applying piece system shall be given by the Passenger Marketing Department.

• Business Class: Two pieces of baggage of which the sum of three dimensions of each does not exceed 158 cms (62 inches), and the weight of each does not exceed 32kgs (70 lbs).

• Economy Class: Two pieces of baggage (measured together) of which the sum of three dimensions does not exceed 273 cm (107 inches), provided the sum of three dimensions of each bag does not exceed 158 cm (62 inches), and that the weight of each does not exceed 32kgs (70 lbs).

The baggage exceeding what is specified above will be charged as excess baggage "

Hope this helps.

VF

5. Re: Luggage allowance Vietnam Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 13:21