We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stroller/Pram? Wagon? Suggestions please

1 post
1 review
Stroller/Pram? Wagon? Suggestions please

We are planning on travelling around vietnam for 3 weeks in Dec/Jan with a 2 year old & 5 year old, starting in hanoi and ending in HCMC.

I brought a wagon to indonesia when we went n the wheel broke the first day on a pot hole. Im just wondering how are the roads in vietnam and suggestions from others on what worked for you.

Im looking at either bring

A) A wagon

B) A sit/ stand stroller

C) Umbrella stroller (but then i can only fit 1 kid at a time)

D) open to other suggestions

Please help

:)

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
996 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Stroller/Pram? Wagon? Suggestions please

I suggest the 5yo can walk everywhere, for the 2yo buy a cheap stroller from the supermarket and leave it in Vietnam when you leave.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Stroller/Pram? Wagon? Suggestions please

Not a bad idea. The state of footpaths is very dependent on your location. If you want to bring one I would go an umbrella style as you have to navigate scooters on the footpath. There will be bumps and lumps so getting a cheap one that you can dispose of is a great idea.

It is hard with 2 kids as you dont want anything too big. I think a 5 yr old could walk most of the way and perhaps carry the 2 yr old if they need a break. The problem with big strollers is manourverability. Ad I said you will be navigating scooters etc so it should be too wide.

Edited: 26 September 2018, 01:14
Reply to: Stroller/Pram? Wagon? Suggestions please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted