We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EVISA urgent any answers will be appreciated!

Hong Kong, China
1 post
EVISA urgent any answers will be appreciated!

My husband and I both ordered an EVISA. Printed and we are at the airport, I reviewed it over and on mine it appears a number is distorted and the qr code did not properly print.

We don’t have access to a printer to reprint.

My question is if the immigration officer at Vietnam will just look at it and stamp our visa or do they need to scan the EVISa or input it somewhere into their system to check?? Will they allow mobile ticket if it’s incorrect?

3 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: EVISA urgent any answers will be appreciated!

You should have a printout of your visa.

That said, there's no magic in the QR code apart from your passport number, nationality date of birth and date of entry.

Will they happily scan the QR code on your phone or manually enter the details? Who knows?

Or will they use this as an excuse to charge you $250 for an emergency visa? Who knows?

Let us know the outcome. I always play strictly by their rules to avoid being in a situation where my predicament can be exploited...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: EVISA urgent any answers will be appreciated!

My question is if the immigration officer at Vietnam will just look at it and stamp our visa or do they need to scan the EVISa or input it somewhere into their system to check?

=====================================

I dont remember mine being scanned. I think they just compare the serial number on your evisa and passport details with whats on their computer.

But they may make a big deal out of it. You have a real visa in your hands, but its your job to print it off and they expect it to be fully legible.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
10,362 posts
3. Re: EVISA urgent any answers will be appreciated!

"Let us know the outcome."

Yes, please do.

I'm sure l read a post a week or two ago saying that their e-visa wasn't even looked on arrival.

They only handed over their passport at immigration.

Scott

Reply to: EVISA urgent any answers will be appreciated!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted