We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue to Da Nang by Train or Car?

Washington DC...
13 posts
Save Topic
Hue to Da Nang by Train or Car?

We're going to be in Hue with our two young children (5 and 7) in July. We're currently scheduled for only about a day in Hue and then taking the train to Da Nang. Another option would be to take a car to Da Nang, which (given the train schedules) would give us about another half day in Hue but we would miss, I'm told, some great views. Does anybody have any opinions on this tradeoff (great views vs. half day in Hue)? Does one still get great views from a car? Thanks for any help.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hue to Da Nang by Train or Car?

Hi Dave,

We are getting the train to Hue from Hanoi arriving 8am or therabouts and then doing a 1/2 day tour of Hue then getting a car to Hoi An over the Haivan Pass ( not thru the tunnels) which I am told is spectacular for the views. I have been advised the drive would be just if not more spectacular view wise. But it can be hair raising with the winding, narrow roads.

The train travels through tunnels so won't always have a good view although still spectacular.

The train timetable doesn't give one much choice.

2. Re: Hue to Da Nang by Train or Car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 17:19