We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

I would like tour company out of Asia for Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore to do an Independant tour. Last year we toured China with a company out of Beijing and it was fabulous! Local tour companies seem to have great contacts and wonderful guides. Any suggestions?

Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

We had good success with what you are wanting to do.There are thousands of local viet travel company's now in vietnam.We have been up and down vietnam. I compared apples with apples and oranges with oranges ect. The same service were many $'s apart. I have found that booking on line or the walk up rates for any 3 star and up hotels and resorts are always higher in price then I can get from a local travel viet company. My wife and I have now been back to vietnam 4 times in the last 3.5 years. I was a soldier there in 1970 and heard Vietnam was now a great place to visit. It is! We are from Seattle,Wa.The 2nd trip we brought our 24 year old son and have been back for an engagement party and just 2 months ago for his wedding. We have traveled up and down vietnam and have used 2 different local viet travel companies. One in Saigon and the other one is located in Nha Trang. They give great prices and are very honorable. We always compare and they are always lower with the same service ect. We pay once we are there and in return they give us the in country flight tickets,hotel vouchers and receits ect. If you want more info. you can e-mail me at kennbaker@msn.com Either way...have a great time! I went back to vietnam this April for a week to check on a partnership I have now with a coffee/gift shop. Vietnam is a fun place with good food and a budget for everybody!

2. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2007, 12:51
nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

hi Juliene,

while in vietnam i used tonkin travel , i booked most of my hotels , day trips , boat trips and internal flights with them .

very happy with the service i recieved .

Email:tonkintravel@fpt.vn – Web: http://www.tonkintravel.com

cheers

batt

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

I am about to book our tours and internal flights through a company called S&B Travel Company Address: 347 Phuc Tan - Hoan Kiem - Hanoi - Vietnam. Just wondered if anyone had used them and could recommend them?

Leicester
Level Contributor
445 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

Never heard of them mir63. If you have time I would hold fire for a while and do a bit more research and ask a few more questions first. Whats your itinerary?

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

Our itinerary is arrive HCMC for 3 nights with a tour to Mekong Delta, fly to Nha Trang for 2 nights, fly to Hoian for 2 nghts, Halong Bay, back to Hanoi and then out. They are charging us $940 each staying in 4* hotels. We have had a couple of other quotes which are all around the same price. Would be glad to know what you think?

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

hi mir63

wow ....ide keep searching ,

i was only charged 1/2 that price , i had 4 nights hcmc , cu chi tunnel day trip , 1 overnight mekong delta , 3 nights hoi an ,airport pick up at hoi an , drive to hue , 1 night hue , hue city tour , flight to hanoi , ninh binh day trip , for 2 ppl .

ide keep searching if i was you .

cheers

batt

Fremantle, Western...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

mir63,

I think I'd shop around a bit more if I were you. We had 3 nights Hanoi (3 star accom); 1 night Halong Bay (4 star junk); 5

nights Hoi An (4 star resort) and 4 nights HCMC (5 star hotel) with all private car transfers and internal flights for around US$720 each. We booked through Tonkin Travel, Hanoi.

Perth
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

We have just returned from 11 days in Vietnam, our first trip overseas. After much consideration, we booked our tour with Vietnam Spirit Travel and we were very pleased with the service they provided. Their website is: www.vietnamspirittravel.com

Good luck

10. Re: Need local Indepdant tour co for Vietnam,Thailand, Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 21:19