We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Itinerary

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
443 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam Itinerary

I am in the process of starting to plan a Vietnam itinerary. Will have 9 days total in the country. Would like to go where I can see the history of the county (including the war) as well as visit the wonderful beaches that I hear about.

I am looking for suggestions on an itinerary. I don't mind moving around from city to city, but, I also want to be able to relax and not be constantly changing hotels.

Thank you!!

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam Itinerary

Dear JanetC,

If you want to visit war relics during your trip to Vietnam

* in the South Vietnam you will visit :

+ Saigon :( Former US Embassy, Helicopter Evacuation Apartment, Presidential Palace, War Museum, Binh Soup Shop, Xa Loi pagoda, Cha Tam church ) , Cu Chi tunnels ( Former Dong Du Amrican base 25th Infantry Division )

+ Tay Ninh : Black Virgin Mountain ( Nui Ba Den , Tay Ninh province), Trang Bang Kim Phuc' s village ( The Girl in the Picture ) June 08th 1975

+ Dong Nai : Long Binh former American base

* In the Center of Vietnam : Da Nang ( First American 3500 troops arrived on March 08th 1965 ) , Quang Ngai : My Lai Massacre March 16th 1968 ) , Hue ( Tet Offensive Jan 31st 1968 ) , Quang Tri : Khe Sanh

* In the North : Ha Noi, Hai Phong ( Operation Linebacker II or Christmas Bombing Dec 18 - Dec 30 1972 )

* ***Dien Bien Phu if you have time

****Ho Chi Minh Trail is one of recommendations

About beaches , you can visit Mui Ne, Nha Trang, Da Nang, Hoi An, Ha Long Bay, Phu Quoc

Jason

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam Itinerary

Dear JanetC,

So sorry for mis-typing :

+ Tay Ninh : Black Virgin Mountain ( Nui Ba Den , Tay Ninh province), Trang Bang Kim Phuc' s village ( The Girl in the Picture ) June 08th 1972 where Kim Phuc ran naked after napalm bomb raids

Jason

3. Re: Vietnam Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 18:20