We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pick-up from Ho minh airport to hotel in HCMC/backpackers??

vancouver island
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
pick-up from Ho minh airport to hotel in HCMC/backpackers??

Hi..after alot of considering we have decided to book with Anan hotel our first two nights in HCMC on Dec18.My concern is that Anan is asking 15$ for a pick-up from the airport to the hotel...what is the going rate for a taxi ?thank-you for your tidbits!! happy travels Kim

Leicester
Level Contributor
455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pick-up from Ho minh airport to hotel in HCMC/backpackers??

I used the airport taxi service on arrival which was easy and hassle free. I`m not certain but I think I paid $5 US. I used the AnAn`s own transport for my departure flight as it was a very early trip and they charged me $10 US and I didnt mind as the service was very good.

vancouver island
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pick-up from Ho minh airport to hotel in HCMC/backpackers??

Thanks very much...helps when there have actual reports!!I never have minded taxis and public buses,happy travels Kim

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pick-up from Ho minh airport to hotel in HCMC/backpackers??

The old terminal had a fixed price taxi service based on location but I couldn't find it in the new terminal. I was quoted 20-30USD from people trying to tout taxi's outside but found a metered taxi that cost me 4-5USD to go to dist #1 near Ben Than Market. Should be just abit more for your trip.

Drifter

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pick-up from Ho minh airport to hotel in HCMC/backpackers??

$15 is about twice the price it should cost for a reputable taxi. Just go outside the airport and look for a Mai Linh taxi. Their agents will be standing around in white shirts and green ties. Just ignore all the other taxi touts until you get to the island curb where the Mai Linh taxis will be waiting. Their meter will automatically turn on once the taxi starts rolling so you don't have to worry about the driver refusing to turn it on. Make sure to have the hotel address written down for the driver.

5. Re: pick-up from Ho minh airport to hotel in HCMC/backpackers??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 12:21