We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Companies for Vietnam?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
5 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Companies for Vietnam?

I am interested in touring Vietnam, but would like to go with a tour group (I am in the USA). How to find one? I would like a small group (not more than 20) that gets to places off of the beaten path. Any recommendations out there?

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Companies for Vietnam?

We just did a 15 day family tour with an Australian company called Intrepid Tours. They offer all kinds of tours and the groups are limited to 14, I think. They have a philosophy of responsible travel and we had a great time. My husband has done basic and comfort trips with them to India, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand, South America, etc. He's always had really good experiences. Good luck, Ange.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Companies for Vietnam?

We did a cycling tour with Intrepid. They limit the tour group to 12. Intrepid does go to off the beaten path places like the Central Highlands but only do this if it's a bus tour and not a cycling tour. The traffic in Central Highlands is manic and the people don't care for visitors as they don't see themselves as part of the main Vietnam culture.

Our cycling tour guide was inexperienced so when our group we went through bouts of food poisoning, we looked after each other. We didn't rely on the tour guide.

Good luck.

3. Re: Tour Companies for Vietnam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 09:20