We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong Bay and Plane flight at 7.30pm Hanoi. Private driver?

South Australia
Level Contributor
726 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Halong Bay and Plane flight at 7.30pm Hanoi. Private driver?

Hi TA'ers

We will be returning from Halong Bay with a 7.30 flight to Da Nang that night. I have heard of delays from leaving Halong with the tour groups, so do I take the risk or should I just organise a private driver to collect us from Halong. What would be the cost to do so (I just get real testy when I know I have to catch a plane!)

los angeles
Level Contributor
457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong Bay and Plane flight at 7.30pm Hanoi. Private driver?

we are doing the same thing end of June (flying Hanoi to Hue) and were assured that we would be back in Hanoi in plenty of time to get to the airport. We have decided on a private driver, though, because we thought it would be nice to stop along the way and not necessarily go back to Hanoi. Since we are taking private driver both ways, we have been quoted anywhere from $85 to $140 for this. I posted a similar question some time ago including asking about places to stop and the ceramic village was suggested -- so that's what we might do.

But since you are going first, you'll have to post on your return how it worked out!

brisbane
Level Contributor
188 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halong Bay and Plane flight at 7.30pm Hanoi. Private driver?

You will have plenty of time. Was on the Ginger Boat and had a 5.00pm plane to HCMC. Had arranged private transfers(the driver and car stay in Halong Bay overnight so you can leave your big luggage in the car) to and from Halong Bay.

Left Halong Bay at about 11.00am with two stops along the way at ceramic type shops and arrived at the Hanoi Airport by 3.00pm.

It takes about the same time from Hanoi to Halong Bay as Halong Bay to the airport.

3. Re: Halong Bay and Plane flight at 7.30pm Hanoi. Private driver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 08:22