We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emeraude or Ginger Cruise on Halong Bay?

Canada
Level Contributor
358 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Emeraude or Ginger Cruise on Halong Bay?

Which would be the best between Emeraude and Ginger Cruises? Or is there one even better than those two?

los angeles
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emeraude or Ginger Cruise on Halong Bay?

Hi, i have been researching this as I'm booking for end of JUne. If you do a word search for these 2 boats plus Valentine, Bhaya, Jasmine and Indochina Sails you will probably get most of the postings about the luxury junks.

At this point I think we are going to book Ginger.

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Emeraude or Ginger Cruise on Halong Bay?

We went on the Emeraude (Sept 07) and had a fabulous time cruising the bay

Our videos:

tripadvisor.com/ProfileGallery-i17445212.html

tripadvisor.com/ProfileGallery-i17445308.html

The Emeraude ship is a $2 mil+ luxurious replica of an early 20th-century paddle wheeler. The cabins were nicely designed with hardwood, brass and fine linen to evoke the nostalgic of colonial Indochina. We had 3 cabins on the ship.

The new Bhaya boat was the only one docked near the Emeraude at night and from distance it looked quite impressive.

Hope this helps

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emeraude or Ginger Cruise on Halong Bay?

Hi all

The EMERAUDE by all means ! I have done many cruises all over the world. But this cruise was out of this world. The Emeraude is in mint condition, spotless clean. The staff is so friendly, caring and helpful. Food is delicious - like in a French 5-star restaurant in Paris. The wine is divine ! And no place in Asia can beat that scenery ! Wowow ! Compliments to crew and management of the EMERAUDE Cruise Company in Hanoi !

Markus Schmid, Swiss Intl. Air Lines, Singapore