We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An vs Phu Quoc

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
447 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Hoi An vs Phu Quoc

I'm currently planning a trip for the last week of November. While my main reason for traveling to Vietnam was to see the beaches I am finding that I'm trying to do too much and might need to drop one stop.

While I realize they are very different, I am trying to figure out which is better to visit - Hoi An or Phu Quoc for the true beach beauty.

Nha Trang was originally a possibility as well but doesn't seem like the best time to visit weather wise.

We are also going to Halong Bay/Hanoi and Saigon.

Thanks for the help...I really want to see both of these places but not sure I want to be on the go the whole time.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
Kien Giang Province, Vietnam
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Halong Bay Tours
Halong Bay Tours
306 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
14,604 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An vs Phu Quoc

I believe November to be flood season on the central coast (Hue and Hoi An)? It was very bad last year.

Mentioned in this post
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
2. Re: Hoi An vs Phu Quoc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 14:18