We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

Just curious about what sorts of governmental documents I will need to get into Vietnam from the United States? Do I need to get any special medical shots or anything? I don't leave for three months, but all I have at this point is a passport and a ticket. Any information on this process is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

Since you already have a ticket then you should have Visa , the Visa needed to enter Vietnam..the requirements for Vaccine are Hepatitis A and B , tetanus booster and Typhoid...

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

You will need to get a Visa if you haven't already. The cost is 65 dollars for a single entry month visa. You can go to the consulate website for more info. No shots are required to enter but it is a good idea to have your tetnus up to date, Hep A, Hep B & Typhoid.

Newport Beach
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

$ 65 for a visa at the Consular? I just got mine for $ 35.

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

I know in my past travels in other countries you can pay the money at customs to get the month long visa. Is this the case?

Newport Beach
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

Mateo,

If I were you just get the visa here in the US. It is very easy. Go into VN embassy website, download an application.

You could get a Visa once you arrived, but why bother with all the hassel?

If you need help with VN Visa, PM me and I will walk you through the application process. I just did mine and it only takes 1 week for them to approve and sent it back.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

Mateo, I'm from Seattle, where did you purchased your ticket? when I purchased ticket to VN the travel agent took care all required paper to enter VN... you should have them do it for you just seem less of a hassle..

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

Hey Tony-

Yeah, going through a travel agent might have been much easier, but I just bought the ticket from the airlines website. I did find the Vietnam consulate website and it doesn't look like it should be too hard. Thanks for the tip!

Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

Hi Mateo

there is a similar thread from colcol about visa's. - another option is via some of the links mentioned there. I got my visa application letter in a matter of days from a local vietnamese company www.visa-vietnam.org and the cost was $23US pp. Might be a way to go.

How are the Mariners going this year.

cheers from Australia

Dave

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

Use CDC Website for what vaccines you will need. Also ask your family doctor ahead of time since they need time to prepare for vaccination. Use the US Travel Gov site for information on what documents you need.

CDC: (vietnam)

wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationVietnam.aspx

US Travel Gov:

…state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1060.html

For Visas there are many sites. The most well known one is CIBT. Very big company. Call them they can head you in the right direction.

http://www.us.cibt.com/

CIBT, Inc.

165 Post Street, 3rd Floor

San Francisco, CA. 94108

(415) 243-3901

10. Re: Visas, documents, shots, etc...???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 20:17