We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Hi All,

We are due to fly from Sydney to HCM early April, but on checking the dates again on the website, there are only Jetflex listings ($1,000+ one way) for flights after March 2009.

I rang Jetstar, as we have already booked & paid, and they said that they are contacting all passengers (batch by batch) to notify them of the change - don't know what it is though, and they would not elaborate on the phone.

They just said to wait until Jetstar contacts us.

So,if you have already paid for your flights for a trip commencing after April, 2009, just wait for your call from Jetstar.

It may be wise not to make any domestic internal flights or paid hotel bookings just yet.

Will keep our fingers crossed.

Sandy

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

I have a flight with Jetstar (Asia) flying Singapore to HCMC in October.

I was emailed that my 12 noon flight was cancelled and I was to put on a 7.30 PM flight.. I rang local office explaining I preferred to be the 7.30 AM and they wanted to charge me nearly 100.00 to change.

I did finally get the change at no cost, but they are notorious for changing flights and not giving customer another option.

nsw
Level Contributor
784 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Oh yes they are great at changing or cancelling your flights arent they?

I'm still waiting for my refund, they told me 3 months & i still havent got it But they actually cancelled the flight altogether & changed departure cities on us! We were booked to fly from Hue & they cancelled it & booked us to fly from Danang! All without ever notifying me. I found out accidently.

So any flight you have booked with them check ,check & check again.

Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

This is the current situation with Jetstar...we stumbled across this when checking our booking, online, which was a Qantas/Jetstar flight from Adl-Sing/HCMC-Syd-Adl (StarClass)departing in Oct 08.

As of Sept 08, ALL Jetstar flights in/out of Aust, now go via Darwin. There are no longer direct flights from Syd or Melb. Therefore, if you are booked on one of these flights, it will have been cancelled. In our case, our booking online showed us now on a flight from HCMC-Darwin-Sydney-Adelaide, with unacceptable connections. I called Qantas/Jetstar immediately, as they did not contact us, and we were also told..."customers would be contacted in due course" (personally I wouldn't wait for that)

They advised me of the current situation with Jetstars schedule changes, to which I simply advised that I was "not happpy" to accept their new proposed schedule of flights for us. Fortunately, I dealt with a fantastic girl at Qantas and we have now been moved & confirmed on to a Vietnam Airlines (Business Class) flight from HCMC-Syd-Adl, with very similar times and connections to our original flights. We have not had to pay anything additional and believe we have been VERY lucky.

However, I will add, our booking is a Qantas FF booking, therefore it was Qantas' resposibility to fix this problem in a satisfactory manner for us, and not directly Jetstars responsibility.

I would recommend everyone booked with Jetstar, between Aust-Vietnam, check your booking, as you never know what you might find!!!!!!

Good Luck!!

Rech

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Thanks Sandy and everyone who posted.

I checked our booking online and nothing has changed.

We are booked to fly out 8th May and return 30th May. Our booking already included the Darwin stop, so hopefully ours will remain as is......will keep you posted.

Chez

xx

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Thanks. I must admit I was confused when people said they had a direct flight from Sydney to HCMC as I knew there was no such thing.

I didn't realise there used to be a direct flight. 2 hours in Darwin is pretty boring but at least I'm getting there.

Less than 2 weeks now. Yeehah.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Hi Sandy, hope it's only some minor glitch re times or something, as I know you were aware the flight would go via Darwin when you booked. Just noted your photo is not there, maybe a TA glitch or have you changed it?? Fingers X all will be ok. Lee xx

merimbula aust
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

We arrived home (Sydney) on Sunday last and flew Jetstar direct both ways SYD-HCMC our flight to HCMC was direct on 12/8/08. We came home Starclass and it was great - actually got to sleep. On the way over we had the last 2 seats on the plane next to toilets and galley. Staff were great and looked after us and offered ear plugs and blankets-BUT point Kaygee1y end is much better than blunt end, we even slept thru breakfast!

merimbula aust
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Sorry about the typos, Kaygee1

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Hi Guys,

Our flight home on the 22/4 doesn't seem to exist anymore (on the Jetstar website) - but Jetstar sent a confirmation email today, but I think it was just a reply to my query last night.

If it doesn't fly back on the 22/4, I would have to reduce a day, or extend a day - but I will make some more enquiries with Jetstar.

Let's hope they sort it out - thank goodness I haven't booked domestic flights yet.

Chez - it's really strange that Jetstar are only promoting the Jetflex fares, and not the cheaper ones - there is NO WAY that they have booked out yet - I think they are tossing up as to what days they will fly, and the Jetflex are "flexible" so they are still advertising them.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Sandy

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar Flights from Sydney to HCM - check your booking!

Hi All,

Just an update on Jetstar.

1. Flights from 28/3 from Sydney to HCM (via Darwin) are only showing up as Jetflex fares, because they are not sure of the time of the flights - but the dates of travel are definite - this was confirmed by a Jetstar employee yesterday.

2. If you have booked a flight that isn't there now (like ours was on the return flight back to Australia) then contact Jetstar - they will put in a change at no extra cost.

We still wanted to have 18 nights, so they happily changed our flight to leave a day later, and to come back a day later (They even offered a full refund if we weren't happy)

So, all's well now - as long as our dates are confirmed, we don't mind if Jetstar make some time changes.

Now I just have to amend all our hotel bookings.

Cheers to all,

Sandy