We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam to cambodia

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
50 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam to cambodia

How to you get to cambodia from Vietnam and where do you get the visa

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
691 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

Lots of different ways depends where you go from and how you want to get there.You can fly.Go overland by bus or do tours on the way. You had better be a little more definate with your plans on what you wish to do.

If you fly a visa at the airport when you land is easy otherwise you can get one over the internet.

Maui
Level Contributor
232 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

I'll be taking a trip to Cambodia from Vietnam via the Mekong. Several boats leave from Chau Doc and they let you off in an area where you can get a visa no problem.

3. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2009, 04:41
London, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

you get the visa at the border - 1 photo needed - if you have none, you pay $1 more

noosa australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

If you have the time you can pick up a 3 day tour up the mekong , into phnom pehn ( I went with tnk travel but there are quite a few companies offering similiar)

You get to see a lot of the life along the mekong from HCMC - bus initially then water ways, floating markets, towns, villages , coconut candy making, rice paper, can tho overnight . I paid about $110 aus which included the fast boat into cambodia ( 4 hrs rather than 7-8 hrs ON THE NORMAL SLOW BOAT-you save money going on the slow boat ? $25 from memory but I may be slightly out on that )

TNK had a guy on board express bus to handle the visa applications for you ( do take a pic as mentioned above) You fill out the forms, he takes it to the appropriate guys at customs stop.

The accomodation was OK - do not expect 4 star unless you pay more but it was only for two nights.

DO not change any money at border with any of those ladies who baord board- they will rip you off !!!!!! 2 people on our boat lost a lot of money.

noosa australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

sorry that should read express boat - NOT bus !

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
50 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

we are actually flying into HMC in Vietnam and then after seeing Vietnam going on to Cambogia and back to HMC to fly back home. As regards the visa, is it valid for one entry only or will we have to get another visa to come back to Vietnam after visiting Cambogia

I think You can go by boat to PP in Cambogia and viceversa, what would you recommend.

Also about vaccinations and malaria tablets, we have travelled a lot in Asia and it has never been a problem. Is there a lot of malaria around?

noosa australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

according to travel dr- yes

I took malaria tablets when in laos and cambodia and mekong area in vietnam -there can be side effects but I was OK. Theres a lot of comments here in forum so read them and then discuss with a good Dr

biggest threat in vietnam was dengue fever for which you cant take meds( just take usual precautions against mozzies - deet spray, keep away from mozzies infested areas where possible, use mozzie nets in hotels)

9. Re: Vietnam to cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 19:21