We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi info needed

winton
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Hanoi info needed

Hi

We are thinking of visiting Hanoi whilst we are also visting Thailand and Malysia. We just need a bit of advice. Is there enough to see and do in and around Hanoi for 3 or 4 days. We are from the UK can we get visa here before we travel and how much does it cost? We will be traveling from Malysia to Vietnam does that cause any issues? Also where is the best place to stay in Hanoi and have you any hotel recomendations? This is our first time to S.E Asia so really gratefull for any advise.

Thanks

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi info needed

Hi

For hotel at Hanoi goto this link

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293924-Hanoi-Hotels.…

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi info needed

We are from Australia and got our visas from the Vietnemese Embassy before we left. I think they were about $40.

If you have four days to spare I would recommend two days in Hanoi and two days on a Halong Bay cruise. You arrive back in Hanoi about 5pm so you have another evening there. Stay in the old quarter and you will be in the heart of true Hanoi. We stayed at the Golden Sun Hotel, it was perfectly located and the staff were great. Read reviews on TA. If possible contact the Hanoi Kids. They will fill in a full day for you as free guides seeing the main sights and many others that the normal tourist wouldn't get to see. Once again check their reviews on TA.

Kuala Lumpur to Hanoi on Air Asia is very cheap so I can't see a reason for not taking this detour on your trip.

Happy planning.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,213 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi info needed

Gee Bee, when did you get your visas? Ours in 2007 were $AUD60 and in 2008 $AUD75.

I concur with the recommendation for the Golden Suns. We've been there three times now, prices are good, locations are great and service is fantastic.

Winton, you can also go for a "visa on arrival" which doesn't mean you just rock up to the VN airport and get your passport stamped. If you use the search facility at the top of the screen you will find dozens of posts on the procedure for VOA.

4. Re: Hanoi info needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 06:26