We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Tour Groups

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam Tour Groups

Am currently looking at doing a tour to Vietnam later this year & have been looking at tours with the following companies:

1. Wendy Wu Tours

2. Asia Discovery Tours

3. CBT Holidays

4. Travelindochina

Has anyone done a tour with any of these companies & if so what were your thoughts.????

Onetrip Motorcycle Adventures
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Classy Travel - Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Hanoi Backstreet Tours
City Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Xuan Tu Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam Tour Groups

Just do your homework and read reviews about anybody that you are interested in using and you will be fine. There are many tour companies that can give you a good time, and most of them offer similar tours. It mostly comes down to the guide quality and English ability, hotels they have contracts with, and the price.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
846 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam Tour Groups

We are going to VN for our first time in June.

I looked at all the tours you mentioned and settled on Travelindochina and mixed it up a little with our local travel agent, they set about getting the prices etc.

Then having made a basic trip in my head I was satisfied with, I wanted to get some knowledge so started using this site, reading reviews and forums.

I asked heaps of questions, still do and even before leaving Oz felt I had really gained quite a lot of knowledge and confidence.

If I had known in the beginning what I now know, I wouldn't use any of these companies nor would I be using a travel agent.

We have changed quite a few of our hotels due to the reviews I have read.

We are not booking any prearranged tours because we decided that the weather could upset these days and we would be stuck doing outside tours in pouring rain, not ideal.

We are going to Nha Trang and would like to do a cruise and/or sunset cruise, we will arrange this when we get there if the weather is good, we are doing this with most cities.

The few things I am arranging before we go, we are doing with VN people. We will be in Halong Bay for our 40th wedding anniversary, since this is really important, the reason for this trip actually, we are arranging this now. We also want to do a Homestay in Mai Chau, have heard great reports on this. Our transfer from Hoi An to Hue we wanted a private car with so we wouldn't miss out on the sights on the way. For these things we are using Ha_Vietland Discovery [info@discovervietnam.com.vn]

She is fabulous and responds to emails very quickly and has been an unbelievable help, I should have used her for our hotels and transfers but it was too late I had gone too far at home.

We are also doing a 2 day/1night Mekong Delta, homestay. For this we are using JASONROCKSTAR TOUR GUIDE [jasonrockstarguide@yahoo.com]. Jason also responds very quickly to emails and is a great source of information.

In short, my advice to you is to contact these people, there are also others reviewed here on TA and get raves but these are the only 2 I can speak of personally.

By making these changes I have saved around $2000, if I had done the hotels etc as well, I would have saved lots more.

I hope this helps.

Have a great holiday

Cheers Julie

Edited: 20 March 2010, 02:10
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
846 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam Tour Groups

Sorry jacs1261

but I forgot to mention that we don't like to go on tours with bus loads of people, we prefer private tours or small groups, that is why I have arranged things this way

Cheers Julie

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam Tour Groups

I have to second mozzie's advice.

We initially looked at Travelindochina as friends had just returned from a trip and highly recommended them. However I really didn't want a tour group experience so I got a local travel agent to quote on a private tour. To my surprise it was cheaper than the similar Travelindochina trip!

At the same time I started reading the Vietnam forum on TA and quickly decided it would be better to just organise what I wanted to do with one of the Vietnamese tour operators.

Like mozzie I have been dealing with Ha from Vietland Discovery since last November. We leave in 10 days and have the EXACT trip that we want to do. No having to fit in with a prearranged itinerary or visit places we are not interested in and definitely not being herded around in a bit group. Just my family in our own vehicle with our own guide for the days that we want a guide.

We saved so much money that I was able to upgrade all our hotels and it is still much cheaper than anything I could book in Australia.

But if you feel more comfortable with booking from Australia my friends were very happy with their Travelindochina experiences having done trips in China and Vietnam with them.

Edited: 20 March 2010, 03:05
5. Re: Vietnam Tour Groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 07:17