We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour operators in vietnam

france
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
tour operators in vietnam

Hello,

I have been looking at package tours offered by numerous travel companies on the internet.

Prices differ enormously between offers that look more or less the same.

I would like to know:

1. would it be cheaper to book directly with the tour operator, after arriving in Vietnam?

2. any recommendations on what to look out for when booking through tour operators?

3. How do package tours compare with travelling on your own (I will be travelling together with a local person, so no problems with language there)

Many thanks in advance on any tip you might offer.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour operators in vietnam

Hi Salieri60,

1.2. If you can contact the local operator directly in Vietnam, it is able to be cheaper. But, the tour also depends on many different issues to compare the prices: standard of hotel, its service quality, meal(dinner, lunch)...

3. If you book package tours or book tours before travelling, it saves your time on the trips. But, travlling on your own is more flexible.

vietnamdrive

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour operators in vietnam

These questions are often asked on this forum and often the reply is the same. DIY in VN is so easy ! I would sort out your trip ideas get some prices, lock in your flights and do it all when you arrive. It is easy to get an organised tour from an agency in France but you will be in with others and you loose the flexibility and some of the experience. Part of travel is the direct dealing with locals and the savings are often enormous.

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour operators in vietnam

I did a short blog about this very issue....

http://owee58.com/?p=1962

Hopefully it will help

Owee

www.owee58.com

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour operators in vietnam

Just read your blog, it was a great insiration I really want to visit VN. I like the idea of using a VN tour company,I' ll need to research which one is the best for us. We are 57 so past the back packing stage!

5. Re: tour operators in vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 06:28