We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get to Vietnam from Manila

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to get to Vietnam from Manila

I have been speaking with Ha, per the recommendations on this forum. She has a lovely trip planned for us, November 9th - 20th in Vietnam, starting in Hanoi and ending in HCMC.

But I CAN'T FIND AN AFFORDABLE WAY TO GET FROM MANILA TO HANOI!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm about to cancel Vietnam all together and schedule something for Thailand, since it's much easier to fly to Bankok from MNL.

Our trip is in 2 months and I'm very stressed out about this.

Thank you!!

Europe
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to get to Vietnam from Manila

Why don't you fly to Bangkok and grab a cheap AirAsia flight from BKK to HCM?

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to get to Vietnam from Manila

Or as you're starting in Hanoi you could fly with Air Asia to Kuala Lumpur and from there to Hanoi with the same airline. Air Asia often has sales so keep an eye on the website.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to get to Vietnam from Manila

Cebu Pacific only flies into Saigon (3500 PHP) - suggest you connect to Vietnam Air for HAN:

http://www.cebupacificair.com/index.html

Edited: 08 September 2010, 19:00
Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Yunnan
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to get to Vietnam from Manila

I've used the manila - hk - hanoi route to get to hanoi from manila. seems the best in my mind - but it's not the cheapest as you have probably found out.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to get to Vietnam from Manila

I think you can transit via Bangkok by Air Asia. This is best way (cheap and convenient). Why don't you think of visit both Thailand and Vietnam?

You will have to regret for sure if drop Vietnam.

Cheers,

6. Re: Trying to get to Vietnam from Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 08:16