We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking on line with vietnam airlines

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking on line with vietnam airlines

Help can someone please help me ...I am trying to book internal flights on Vietnam air.

When you are asked to put details in

You put in

then it asks for

Middle name first name

then surname.

My worry is when it asks for Middle name first name.

If I write Middle name first and then first name ..does this mean my e ticket will not match my passport.???? as my passort has first name then middle name and then surname. Would appreciate some help urgently.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,682 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking on line with vietnam airlines

It's a question that comes up frequently on here. As long as the spelling is correct you'll be fine which ever order you put them in. I usually do it in the order they ask for and have never had any problems.

The Vietnamese style of writing names is the reverse of western ways anyway i.e Family name, middle name then 1st name.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking on line with vietnam airlines

So if my name on passport is John James Smith

You think I should put in

James John

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking on line with vietnam airlines

I tried several times to book online with Vietnam Airlines yesterday with no luck at all. Kept coming up with error message re name. I gave up and will book through a reputable TA in Vietnam

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking on line with vietnam airlines

It is not difficult. If your name is John Doe Smith, Put John Doe in the rist Box and Smith in the last. Take the time to figure out the slightly confusing contact info at the end, and make sure when filling in the Credit card info, that the spelling and order of your name is exactly the same as on the booking and not as it appears on the card.

Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking on line with vietnam airlines

My Husband and I had so many problems booking with Vietnam Air we ended up booking with Air Asia instead. Good luck ;)

Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking on line with vietnam airlines

I found it easy to book , I fly with them in under 2 weeks , so we will see what happens

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking on line with vietnam airlines

I had the same problem yesterday when booking online through Vietnam Airlines because I paying by credit card and the particulars would not match. I ended up putting in my first name and then second christian name as per my passport. I did not enter second middle name first. With the visa card I also typed in my second christian name (rather than the intial) and all went through smoothly. Hope this helps. As Bertie69 said as long as the ticket matches your passport you won't have any problems. Hope this helps.

8. Re: Booking on line with vietnam airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 06:32
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question