We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viet Nam Airlines Unknowns

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Viet Nam Airlines Unknowns

I have several internal flights to book within Viet Nam and one from Ha Noi to Yangon for this coming October and November. We have never flown Viet Nam Airlines and know nothing about their pricing patterns, and thus how far to book ahead. Are their fare sales predictable. I have been told to book our Saigon to Phu Quoc ahead as those flights sell out quickly. Is business class worth the extra money? Is there anything unique to this airline that we should be aware? We will appreciate the advice. Thank you.

Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,418 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viet Nam Airlines Unknowns

Would give business class a miss as most internal flights are pretty short.It's a pretty good airline and if you book online look out for the "super saver fares"they go quick.

You also have the choice of jetstar and the new mekong air,Mekong has some good prices on the Phu Quoc route.Nothing unique that I know of.Book early to get the best fares,specials are hard to predict.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viet Nam Airlines Unknowns

Agree with viet1. Business class isn't worth it as flights are short.

Just keep the freebie lemon flavoured napkin and use it in the first best restaurant.

3. Re: Viet Nam Airlines Unknowns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:25