We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reconfirming Viet Nam Airline Flights---Electrical Adapters

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Reconfirming Viet Nam Airline Flights---Electrical Adapters

I have read on several posts to always reconfirm internal flights and that VN Air has you on your flight. What is the best way to do that? Have your hotel or tour company do it?

What electrical adapter plugs should I bring mostly for charging camera batteries? My charger already has a built in voltage converter.

Can travellers checks be cashed easily in Viet Nam as a back up to ATMs?

Thank you

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,294 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reconfirming Viet Nam Airline Flights---Electrical Adapters

No to reconfirming VN Air - this airline does not require it.

No to travelers checks - can be cashed, but with some difficulty because they're rarely used any more.

I wouldn't worry about a converter since most hotels have adapters for your use, and besides they can be bought here for pennies.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,290 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reconfirming Viet Nam Airline Flights---Electrical Adapters

Some people conirm their flights, others like me don't bother. After all it says on the receipt that my status is confirmed. One thing I do though is turn up at least an hour before check-in closes. Read and seen (on TV) too many occasions of no seat available.

Electric plug adapters go fo 10000vnd, available everwhere.

Traveller checks are best avoided in Vietnam.

Edited: 04 April 2011, 03:02
3. Re: Reconfirming Viet Nam Airline Flights---Electrical Adapters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:15