We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi Jetstar vs Vietnam Airlines

Invercargill, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi Jetstar vs Vietnam Airlines

Hi

We are family of four wanting to fly SGN to HAN (return) end July. There is a big difference in price (for family of 4) between the two airlines. Is Vietnam Airlines worth the extra money? We just want an airline that we can rely on to get us back to Ho Chi Minh for connecting international flight the next day. We are not looking for the "extras".

Mentioned in this post
Ho Chi Minh City Airport
Ho Chi Minh City Airport
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Noibai Airport
Noibai Airport
Hanoi, Vietnam
The Chi Boutique Hotel
The Chi Boutique Hotel
469 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
jacksonville
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi Jetstar vs Vietnam Airlines

Overall VA in on time more often than JS. The last time I flew JS it was 3 hours late, the last time on VA I was on time.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,589 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi Jetstar vs Vietnam Airlines

Yes, VN is worth the extra! As jax says, JS is often late, and flies very old equipment. Don't gamble with your vacation - Vietnam Air is the best carrier in Indochina.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi Jetstar vs Vietnam Airlines

I would vote for Vietnam Airlines. I traveled with them for 4 times and all was on time thanks to its reliable service.

However, when you book the tickets you should make a note with them that you have to connect an international flight so that they will take their responsibility.

Have a good family holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
683 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi Jetstar vs Vietnam Airlines

Another vote for Vietnam Airlines.

Flew 4 times with them in April-May, faultless, clean and on time.

Jokestar is another story ^%$*&^%%$.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Flying Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi Jetstar vs Vietnam Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 11:15