We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Airlines

new zealand
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam Airlines

Looking at flying internally with Vietnam Airlines

Has anybody used their website to book flights as

they are much cheaper than what my travel agent is quoting

us, but don't want any problems with our flights.

Your advise would be good.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam Airlines

I booked and paid the last six flights using their Web site,

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam Airlines

I booked on their web site on my last trip and again on the one I about to go on. The only things is if you pay by credit card you need to have the same credit card on you to show when you check in. We had no problems with them, the flights left on time, staff were friendly and all went well.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Vietnam airline is the best choice. Don't worry when booking on their website .

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
727 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam Airlines

I have had no problems with them at all , booking online . They are cheaper than Jetstar Asia and usually stick to their scheduled dep times, unlike JSA

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Had 4 internal flights with VN Air in April - May, excellent airline.

Clean planes, punctual service, friendly and efficient staff, couldn't recommend them enough, as opposed to Jokestar %&^%*&^%.

Safe Travels!

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam Airlines

always book my own online for both dom and int travel since they launched the site, no problems and the price difference between them and Jetsar for domestic travel is minimal at best.

as above just have your credit card ready at check in...

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Never showed credit card at check in, just passport and e-ticket. Perhaps because their on-line booking redirects to my own bank's internet site for extra authentication.

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam Airlines

i also have to pass thru ANZ verify by Visa when i book online but they always ask to see my card at check in, guess they have missed you on that one ...lucky so far!

:-)

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vietnam Airlines

A rapidly improving airline to be fair but given the choice I'll still choose Jetstar, mainly because their customer service and website are so much better. I was on a VN Airlines flight earlier this year and a huge piece of plastic sheared off the top of the toilet & narrowly missed hitting a kid in the bulkhead seats. Even worse, the cabin crew staff all thought it was highly amusing. So many of their planes are in a sorry state, certainly in terms of the cabin quality.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Booking with travel agency is usually cheaper than that from the VN airline website. Contact some travel agencies for the best price.