We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Vietnam trip report no 1

Alexandra Vic...
Level Contributor
394 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Our Vietnam trip report no 1

Well we arrived after a long flight from oz via Singapore , immigration was easy as we already had visas, I think it was worthwhile as you are out quick. I had organized a car from hotel as there was meant to be 4 of us,our son was flying from the Goldcoast with airasia but was delayed and missed connecting flight in KL. I am just about to go and collect him,worse thing was not knowing where he was.We are staying at the Ngoc Thao Guesthouse ,small rooms but very comfortable and great , friendly and helpful people.Our son finally arrived and off we went exploring,great beef ball pho at pho bich,4 people fed 2 beers and a coke = 211,000 vend= $ 10.50 aud.Then we walked the streets of HCM for 4 hrs, what an experience , we are now all capable of crossing the road without fearing death to much.It is wife's birthday so son implied he might shout as for a drink at a sky bar LOL. Well cheers it is nearly happy hour so of for another 50 cent beer. We are now down in the Mekong,it was an experience getting here,we booked our trip through Sinhbalo and they have been great.The boat was fantastic with just 5 of us,but the road to Chau Doc was another thing.we were all joking that you don't need to go to theme parks or go parachuting or even swimming with sharks, the adrenalin rush of just being in vehicle in Vietnam is enough. Today we are of to CanTho & surrounds before heading back to HCM for a day & then off to HaNoi and our Halong bay trip for Christmas . I am loving it here ,the food , the people and my traveling companions,wife,son daughter & mate from UK. Everybody have a very merry Christmas and will post more later

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Vietnam trip report no 1

Good to hear you are having a nice time.... enjoy the rest of your trip and Merry Xmas

Owee

www.owee58.com

Hanoi
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Vietnam trip report no 1

It is always great to hear about people's trip to Vietnam! Thanks so much for posting. Safe and happy travels to you and your family!

Sunny regards,

Footprint

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Vietnam trip report no 1

Thanks for posting and looking forward to your updates.

Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Vietnam trip report no 1

Vietnam should have more comments like this. I highly appreciate your comments. I wish you have a great time in the Christmas & New Year in Vietnam.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Vietnam trip report no 1

Please let us now how halong Bay is...which boat ,how much , and who you booked through....PLEASE!!!

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Vietnam trip report no 1

Please also post more details on your Mekong Delta trip if you have a moment. How long, how much, etc.

Thanks!

Alexandra Vic...
Level Contributor
394 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Vietnam trip report no 1

Our trip was booked via the net direct with sinhbalo . They are located in district 1 not far from our guesthouse .we are on a 3d/2n trip staying & Chau Doc the first nite & CanTho the second. It is 3 full days with boat trips ,road transport & a fair bit of walking. It cost $150 p/p with a single supplement of $40 for our friend. We have all enjoyed it & the thing with a private tour is it a bit more personal & you can stop in some places a bit longer if you choose. The hotels are of a 3 * standard ,comfortable & clean. You can book the same trip anywhere in HCM for a third of the price but you are in a big group, it's not that we are anti social but there are just some things you like to just as a family. Any other questions I will be glad to answer and I will keep doing trip reports as we travel.

8. Re: Our Vietnam trip report no 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2012, 10:20