We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

SW England
Level Contributor
363 posts
14 reviews
Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

We had a very enjoyable and good value Riviera tour of South Africa but cannot find any reviews of this tour:

https:/…

It would be a first, and probably only, trip to this part of the world.

Does it cover the 'Must Sees' and how does it match up with its competitors?

SW England
Level Contributor
363 posts
14 reviews
11. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Thank you for the replies

Alan - We went to South Africa with Riviera last year and were very impressed with them. The group size is large - which suits us but may not be everyone's cup of tea. The regulations in SA meant that we had a local guide attached to our group as well as the tour manager. I think this tour just has the manager and local guides at specific venues.

Interested in shopunderwater's comments on the hotels. I did look into them a bit before booking but the deed is done now anyway.

London, United...
1 post
12. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Rickus,

I too am hoping to use Riviera for this trip in October and would like to hear your thoughts once you have been. I will keep an eye out for your review.

Alan C may see you on the trip in October :-)

Teesside
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
13. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Hi

I did this tour with Riviera Travel in late November 2011, and had a marvelous time. We had no problems with the hotels, food or travel. The local guides were first rate. You are left to make your own evening meal arrangements and before we travelled I made a note of local restaurants from this forum and we ate very well. The group was 36, which suited me as such numbers mean you can be sociable or not without causing offence. It was hardly a pioneering experience but that is not what I wanted on this particular trip. I have posted photos of the holiday online and if anyone is interested they are free to look at them. They will give an idea of the trip's itinerary and what we visited. We didn't find the schedule too hectic and you were rarely in the coach for very long, excepting the trip to Halong Bay. If anyone wants further details of our Riviera holiday then please feel free to email me. Photos at:

…google.com/carole.foster37/VietnamAndCambod…

Huw

SW England
Level Contributor
363 posts
14 reviews
14. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Hi Huw

Great to hear your positive views about the tour. Don't think I need bother taking my camera now!

Cheers

Rickus

Teesside
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
15. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Hi Rickus

Thanks. I'm sorry there are so many photos but it is such an interesting place. :-)

If you went to South Africa with Riviera then you know how well organised they are although I must say our English guide was a bit disinterested, possibly as it was his last trip. We met the lady who is doing the 2012 holidays as she had joined our party for a familiarisation tour. She was very nice and I bet she will be a great group leader. Overall I have no qualms in recommending the trip!

Cheers

Huw

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
16. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Hi Huw

Thanks for the positive comments and for the fantastic pics, which give a good overview of what to expect. We have booked this tour for early November.

Teesside
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
17. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Hi Alan

The kind remarks about my photos from you and others have inspired me to upload them to Youtube as slideshows set to ambient music. I'm not very techie and there may be a couple of photos out of sequence, but the slideshows will give an idea of the Riviera Tour itinerary.

Part 1 Vietnam

www.youtube.com/watch…

Part 2 Cambodia

www.youtube.com/watch…

Huw

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
230 reviews
18. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Dear All - very interesting thread and excellent slide show - thank you Huw. We went on the Riviera Tour of India including Shimla in March and were highly impressed with the organisation and professionalism of all involved. We are thinking of taking this trip next year and will look forward to reading any further reviews, particularly from Rickus who started the thread. David

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
19. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Hello Huw.

Thanks for posting the photos. They were really good.

Ann (a keen photographer) and I (the “admin monitor”) intend to take this holiday. Perhaps you can advise on a couple of points from our respective viewpoints.

1) How do the locals feel about being photographed?

2) We will be flying from Gatwick. Any tips on getting to Gatwick from Teesside with minimum hassle?

Regards, David

1 post
20. Re: Your thoughts on Riviera Travel's Vietnam and Cambodia Tour

Great pics ...thinking of booking for next year...just wondering do we need an overnight on Halong Bay...would welcome any thoughts