We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia border crossing

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Cambodia border crossing

I am planning to cross into Cambodia from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh on the Mekong in March. What is the name of the border crossing and can I get a tourist visa for Cambodia at that border crossing? Cost? Photos? Procedure?

Thanks

R

XO Tours
Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Le Family Rider
City Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Hanoi Street Food Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cooking Classes, Food Tours, Motorcycle Tours
Back of the Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodia border crossing

Good evening Raymondocanuck

Welcome to Chau Doc, my hometown !

I recommend you taking Hang Chau express boat from Chau Doc to PP. It leaves Chau Doc at 07:30 am and arrives PP around noon. It costs 24 USD for one tickets and the boat company will apply Cambodia visa for you. You will pay around 23 USD- 25 USD for visa. Please prepare your visa photo.

You just visit the Hang Chau office with the new address : Nha Hang Noi Con Tien ( Con Tien Floating restaurant ), Tran Hung Dao street, Chau Doc town, An Giang Province

( It is located at the old Con Tien Ferry station, very close to Bay Bong best local restaurant )

Here is the website

hangchautourist.com.vn/com_booking/…32.html

Best regards

Jason SSS

PS : You will cross Vinh Xuong Border Gate

Vinh Xuong Waterway Border Gate is 30km north of Chau Doc Town, Tan Chau, An Giang Province. It takes 40 minutes from Chau Doc boat station to Vinh Xuong Border Gate by motor-boat, then complete customs and immigration procedure to go to Phnom Penh.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodia border crossing

Thanks Jason

Very helpful.

R

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodia border crossing

There is no need to pay extra for any tour company to get your visa. The cost is USD20, payable at the river border crossing. Fill out the paperwork yourself,, attend the office at the border crossing with a passport photo and the fee is only $20. The express boat is the way to go, provided river water levels are suitable. Jason, you should not be drumming up business on this site - reported!

Greg

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodia border crossing

Thanks Greg---appreciate it.

R

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodia border crossing

The true name of the VN border river control post is ...Song Tien... and not as stated by poster number one who is blatantly promoting his own company through the very use of his posting name.

Rgds. Ian

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,057 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambodia border crossing

Sgtgwh, since Jason has posted the website of the express boat you yourself recommend (which is not his company), it's hard to see why you are accusing him of drumming up business. Not everyone from Viet Nam who posts a website is necessarily a tout.

Ian, TA permits use of company names and avatars.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cambodia border crossing

I do find it a little tiresome when people don't read before they type. Jason has promoted the use of a particular agency to obtain a visa at an inflated price.

"You just visit the Hang Chau office with the new address : Nha Hang Noi Con Tien ( Con Tien Floating restaurant ), Tran Hung Dao street, Chau Doc town, An Giang Province".

This is what I refer to in relation to touting for business for a company providing a 'service' with added fees that are not necessary to pay.

Greg

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cambodia border crossing

Dear sgtgwh

Wish you have a nice day

I would like to inform you that I am leaving in HCMC and Hang Chau express boat company is at Chau Doc and it is not the company I am working for. The reason I wrote the new address because the adrres from the website was not correct, I have moved the office for months

Everybody in Chau Doc and all travellers know Hang Chau express boat company which offers route to PP. So I no need to advertise for it

I have just calles Ms Dang who is in be in charge of boat tickets and visa. She informed me the visa costs 20 USD if you make it at the border and 23 USD if the company makes it for you. 3 USD is service charge. You can make it by yourself at the border or you will spend 3 USD for the company makes it for you

I earn no penny from this boat company regarding about Visa

Jason SSS

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cambodia border crossing

so sorry for some mis-spellings

Dear Greg

Wish you have a nice day

I would like to inform you that I am leaving in HCMC and Hang Chau express boat company is at Chau Doc and it is not the company I am working for. The reason I wrote the new address because the address from the website was not correct, the company has moved the office for months

Everybody in Chau Doc and all travellers know Hang Chau express boat company which offers route to PP. So I no need to advertise for it

I have just called Ms Dang who is in be in charge of boat tickets and visa. She informed me the visa costs 20 USD if you make it at the border and 23 USD if the company makes it for you. 3 USD is service charge. You can make it by yourself at the border or you will spend 3 USD for the company to make it for you

I earn no penny from this boat company regarding about Visa. I just help my guests and other guests who are planning their trips from Mekong to PP

Jason SSS

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cambodia border crossing

Dear Greg, I would like to inform you that I am living in HCMC and Hang Chau express boat company is at Chau Doc