We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

Just wondering if anyone can advice the current via cost for tourist visa to cover a weeks holiday in vietnam for an australian passport holder via the embassy in canberra.

It was $70 a couple of years ago, I am just wonder if it has changed?

Thank you

281 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

Wouldn't it be the easiest to just phone them and ask?

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
933 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

It's now $75.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

I emailed them last week and it is $75. Need to include a SAE Express post envelope for the return of your Visa and Passport

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

$75 for one month single entry tourist visa, and $110 for one month multiple entry tourist visa.

DG

Warners Bay...
Level Contributor
463 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

If you apply for your visa via the mail PLEASE OH PLEASE make sure you take out the insurance with it, we did our visa with registered post and our 3 passports went missing for a number of weeks, to replace all 3 passports and pay the fine for "loosing them" was over $900, we were not advised that the Registered Post would not cover us if things go missing, they never scanned the envelop so therefore this is why they "lost them". Thankfully after many hours and countless phone calls and persisting to speak to the top honcho, amazingly they were found the next day, where they went I have no idea, but not a pleasant experience, having never used Registered Post and not being advised we could/should take out insurance by aus post staff we basically did not have a leg to stand on, most people we asked if they thought you were covered with this service were of the same opinion as we were and thought you are covered. Needless to say we travelled down to Sydney to collect them from the embassy, I was not prepared to take a 2nd chance.

Cheers Sylvia

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,530 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

Thanks for that Sylvia. I was under the same impression that registration was a form of insurance guarantee.

This is making VOA a much better proposition, something I was reluctatant to do but having done so now for the last few visits, I think I will give the Embassy Visa a miss from now on.

Cheers Ross

Warners Bay...
Level Contributor
463 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

Yes Bowenarrow, I was quite surprised that most people we mentioned this to thought that was the whole idea of Registerd Post the "security" it offers because it is "scanned" and the mail is easy to trace, so easy that even aus post could not trace it huh! On the back of the envelope is a flap that offers the insurance, aus post take no responsibility for lost or damaged items and the most you are compensated is $100, which is a major insult when they did not provide the service that they advertise in the first place. So a big lesson learnt for us and thankfully we got our passports back.

Never again.

Cheers Sylvia

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
933 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

Thanks for the info will look into it. I wonder how that will work with the Embassy posting them back.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

good grief

that makes waiting for a short time at the window in vietnam so much better

Edited: 08 March 2012, 06:36
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,530 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus

Aust Post failed to deliver urgent customs documents for me with their "guaranteed next day delivery". The address was correct but it went to the dead letter office because the computer didn't have the customs office as a physical address, even though customs admitted they get hand delivery twice a day, so they can't be guaranteed. Cost to me was $340 in storage charges. No compensation and no liability accepted.

You're right maz get on the queue and wait for a whole 10 minutes !

Cheers Ross

Reply to: Current cost of vietnam tourrist visa via the embassy in Aus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted