We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury tours

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury tours

I met a guy on a plane the other day who told me he toured Vietnam about 5 years ago with a company called "Luxury Tours". He said they essentially allow you to plan your own tour, allocate you a guide and vehicle and off you go-- he stated that their prices were quite reasonable. I have been searching but can't find any company by that name-- anyone heard of them

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury tours

No, but just about any reputable Vietnam based tour agent can provide exactly the same thing.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury tours

As West says most travel companies can fulfill a similar request, where the companies differ is in the quality of guides they provide.

You want to go with a company where they use guides who are going where you want, and areas off-the-beaten-path. Many companies and their guides are influenced to take you to touristy areas where it's all about getting you to buy items, wherein they receive commission.

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
607 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury tours

A great company that organizes tour like this is VExplore they have had good reviews for provide a great service. Just google them.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury tours

Thanks -- it is a bit of a minefield for a Vietnam novice

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury tours

Yes, they just opened an office in Da Nang (the first in Viet Nam)

I've heard good things about them, but never have personally used their service. Give them a try !!

Here's their website

http://www.luxurytravelvietnam.com/

Edited: 18 June 2012, 00:25
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury tours

I have used both VExplore August last year and Indochina Voyages/Vietnam Tours of 214 Lo Duc St, Hai Ba Trung Dis, Hanoi, Vietnam Tel: (84-4) 3972 6886 | Fax: (84-4) 3972 6888 email: info@indochinavoyages.com www.indochinavoyages.com contact Hien Cao in May/June this year having just got home. Both these companies are reputable and will organise this type of tour. We have done something similar both times the second time doing it with our daughter and 9 month old grandson. Enjoy Vietnam the people are wonderful and I am sure you will have a great experience

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,875 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury tours

Ah, we were all Vietnam novices once MicknOlga!

My first and all subsequent visits have been completely DIY efforts, which are fun but can be very time-consuming in terms of prior research and hotel choices/bookings. While many people take the same course, others prefer to have everything organised by reputable Vietnamese travel agents (do a search of this forum for the most trusted ones), and still others opt for a combination of the two. Oops, nearly forgot the people on organised group tours, but very few of them appear on this forum.

We all do what suits us best, and I'm sure that whichever course you choose you will have a fantastic time in Vietnam.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury tours

Sorry I should have added that I only partially used these companies. I organised the majority of my own flights in country and hotels did lots of research on TA and got lots of good help from people but for some things I found it was easier to organise some of the tours over the internet with companies that were shown to be reputable through what other TA members had written. I think I am now in a position like CB in that I could now organise my own travel throughout Vietnam and wingit when I got over there but was pretty nervous the first time. As I previously said enjoy Vietnam it is a wonderful place and the people are superb.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury tours

As others have noted, there are many that can provide the service. I use the company Fred suggests myself when organizing mor than a couple of people. Here is a link to the pros and cons of using a company.

owee58.com/2010/…

Owee

www.owee58.com

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury tours

Ooops sorry, the Luxury tour office that recently opened is the first for Da Nang, not for Viet Nam. They already have well established offices in Hanoi and HCMC.