We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

Hello,

I'm doing some research for my in-laws who are going to be spending 2 weeks in Vietnam.

They've never been to Vietnam before, and my father in-law has never been overseas. My mother-in-law will have completed 4 weeks volunteering in Cambodia before arriving in Vietnam.

Given they have 2 weeks, I'm thinking they should split their time between 3, maximum 4 places.

Looking for suggestions on the best places for them to spread their visit to give them a good taste of Vietnam. What can you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Vung Tau, Vietnam
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

Helps to know what they enjoy doing

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

Whoops - should mention - the trip will be in late February, early March.

Vung Tau, Vietnam
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

Do they want to do just the South

Edited: 08 July 2012, 07:45
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

They'd like to experience as much as possible, without being too rushed. They won't be able to see everything Vietnam has to offer in only 2 weeks so I'm looking for a good balance and combination for them.

They have no out of the ordinary interests and would enjoy many of the normal tourist attractions. They like beaches, markets, tours, cooking classes, eating (!), a little bit of the cultural side - but nothing too excessive.

leicester
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

As your father in law has never been overseas before I think this will be a huge culture shock to him. Hoi an is probably the least unnerving place in my opinion for a non traveller as it is quiter than the big cities. If I'd never travelled before and arrived in Hanoi I'm not sure I would ever leave home again! Fantastic place, but it will be a baptism by fire....

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
363 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

2 weeks many place to see depend on health condition. This is suggestion for highlights.

arrive in Hochi Minh from Cambodia by speedboat in Phnompenh or flight

Cu Chi tunnels & city tour

Mekong delta 2 days - flight to Danang - Hoi An

HoI An - My Son 2 days

Hoi An - Hue & city tour 2 days - flight to Hanoi

Hanoi city 1 day

Hanoi - halong bay 2 days

Hanoi depart

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
7. Re: 2 weeks in Vietnam for 50 y/o couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 06:15