We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vietnam at end of august early september

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
vietnam at end of august early september

My husband and I would like to visit Vietnam at the end of August /early september. we are looking to combine a holiday of sightseeing and beach. What is the weather like in Hoi An in the first week of September. How much rain is there at this time in Hoi An, Da Nang, Hanoi, Sapa, Halong Bay or is it best to leave Vietnam for late December /early January??

Hanoi
Level Contributor
456 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: vietnam at end of august early september

Septerber is still in rainy season both in the north and in the central. But the weather is fine for travelling as it is not too hot or too cold. It is hard to forecast how much rain there is in each season. Sometimes there is a lot or a little. In general, travelling in this time can be done for the places you have mentioned.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,479 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vietnam at end of august early september

If you must travel in September then I would stick to the South or South Central parts as September can get severe storms and flooding in parts of the north, particularly around Hoi An/ Hue.

Cheers Ross

leicester
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vietnam at end of august early september

We have visited VN in Sept and the weather has been fine in the North. One day of rain but that was all. Hoi An had been flooded just before we arrived but was all open within a few days though it probable wasn't as pretty as it would have been had we have gone before the flooding especially down by the river. I would say go when you want to, but keep your itinerary flexible so you can change it last minute of you need to. There is plenty to do if you end up missing a couple of places. We go again this September so will be facing whatever is happening weather wise like yourself though we are not doing any beaches. If it is beaches you want, the south maybe better but in my opinion you will miss out the most interesting parts

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,576 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vietnam at end of august early september

September can be a hit or miss. Rainy season starts in mid Sep. Here is a link to rainfall averages for you to examine

owee58.com/2011/…

Owee

www.owee58.com

Hoian
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: vietnam at end of august early september

Some info on weather in Hoi an for ur reference.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298082-s208/Hoi-An:V…

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vietnam at end of august early september

it's final rainy season in Sep, sometime its raining, sometime have sunshine so its hard to say about how much it is. But I think it's better if you travel in December, there is no rain but very cold, esp in Sapa. Therefore, you absolutely can't swim or do some activities in beach.

7. Re: vietnam at end of august early september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2012, 16:44
8. Re: vietnam at end of august early september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:16