We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Website Enquiries

Gladstone, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Website Enquiries

Hi all, Ive contacted a few different Vietnamese companies via their web pages but arent getting any responses. Is this common ? Or is it better to just ring ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Website Enquiries

depending who you're trying to contact, it is sometimes good to ring, but as long as they can understand/speak english.

what sort of places are you trying to contact?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Website Enquiries

Very common, people rarely reply to emails here. As per maz, who are you trying to contact? If it's hotels, don't waste your time - if they don't have a live booking engine on their own site, ignore them & book a different hotel or use Agoda/Expedia/Wotif etc. if it's a tour operator, try some alternatives - if one doesn't want your business there are plenty of others who will.

Gladstone, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Website Enquiries

I was trying to contact the Indochina junk company to find out about getting on a boat next week... and also the Highlands Eco tours where Ive heard the trekking and home stays are good ?

Hanoi
Level Contributor
456 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Website Enquiries

send them an email. It is one of the best way to contact.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Website Enquiries

LOL! This forum is a true goldmine of comedy today.

Gladstone, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Website Enquiries

Sorry Timmy, not all of us are seasoned travellers... This is the first time I have travelled overseas on my own...

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,383 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Website Enquiries

No Rob, Tim is laughing at Sapa Travel, because you said, "I sent them an email and they're not answering", and Sapa Travel said, "Send them an email". Not very helpful to you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Website Enquiries

Omg still laughing. You gotta love it!!!

Vietnam
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Website Enquiries

This is freaking funny! SAPA Travel's reply is priceless! :D

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Website Enquiries

Indochina Junks is usually good with emails. Have you checked your spam folder? Often emails from Vietnam get flagged as spam and end up diverted to that folder.