We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam with 4 teenagers

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Vietnam with 4 teenagers

We are planning a trip to Vietnam with our 4 children ( aged 12 to 18 ) for 4 weeks in January. We want to fly into Hanoi, work our way down by train to Saigon, stopping at the major attractions, then fly home from Siem Reap. We want to do the usual excursions from Hanoi, ie a short highland trek and cruise in Halong Bay, and a boat transfer from Saigon to Phnom Penh.What I am unsure about is whether or not I need to organize these ( and the train journey south ) prior to our arrival, or can it all be done just as easily and possibly cheaper once we arrive? We don't want to waste valuable time organizing these when we get there, but don't want to waste a lot of money by organizing them beforehand. Is January too busy to leave bookings to the last minute? Any advice will be much appreciated!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam with 4 teenagers

Definitely book these trips ahead - it's a busy time of year in Vietnam. And for the train you want Superior class sleeper so that you can enjoy more comfort.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam with 4 teenagers

If you don't want to waste time to arrange the trip when you arrive then should book it before then as mentioned above January is high season so everything will be booked up quickly.

There are many local travel companies which you can find in this forums that can arrange the trip for you.Most of the companies here do private and tailor made to suite your interest and budget. So, send them email and tell them what your plan is.

Cheers,

Nhung

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam with 4 teenagers

Thanks, that's exactly the advice I was hoping for..... I'll start looking at tours now

4. Re: Vietnam with 4 teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2012, 12:02
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam with 4 teenagers

Hi Linda s

Have travelled Vietnam a couple of times, most recently Feb 2012. Did a great boat/bus trip from Saigon, Mekong Delta and into Cambodia, then bus to PP. Highly recommend it. I walked in off the street in Saigon and booked the trip for the two of us the following day. As I said, a great trip 3d/2n all for $50 AUD each.

http://www.thesinhtourist.vn

SinhTourist have a few offices in Vietnam inc Saigon also in PP, Siem Reap Cambodia.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam with 4 teenagers

Thanks for your response Gale M. Since we start our trip in Hanoi I was thinking I should book the tours we want to do around Hanoi in advance, considering the time of year, size of our group, and desire to save valuable sightseeing time once we arrive. I guess once we're in the country it will be easier to organize the rest of the trip a week in advance( maybe?). It's reassuring to know that the river transfer from HCMC to Phnom Penh can be organized easily at short notice and little cost, so thanks for that information,

Regards, Linda S

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam with 4 teenagers

No worries Linda. Mekong Delta from Saigon to Cambodia was a huge highlight for us. Great to share the joy.

Happy travels

8. Re: Vietnam with 4 teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2013, 10:17