We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pointless posts

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Pointless posts

In the last few months an annoying practice has emerged on these pages with people just making posts that have little or no information for the traveller. I realise that these posts are just being made to get post numbers up but I would like to point out to posters that this is no way to get any form of credability, so you are just wasting your time. In fact those posters are actually doing the reverse as it is quite plain to other members what is occurring.

On the Phu Quoc forum to-day we have at least 6 posts from the one member making no real conribution at all.

Please just post when you have something constructive to say and stop posting just to get your numbers up.

Ross

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pointless posts

Been wondering about that. Don`t remember the forum being like this last time I spent a bit of time here. Am finding some of the answers less than helpful and even downright unhelpful. Particularly to people who haven`t spent much time here and learnt to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Is it through other Asian forums or mostly here?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pointless posts

There is certainly more than a few annoying practices at work in this forum, but the blatant 'bumping' of threads from months back, that just happen to promote someone's business, venture or region of choice calls for moderation.

Somewhat equally alarming is longtime posters backing/touting tours and or services they've never been on (and likely never been to the region of).

Perhaps this forum is a perfect reflection of Vietnam - lively & chaotic.

Cheers

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pointless posts

hugo64 I dont know of anything similar to this situation on Asian Forums as I only contribute to 3 in the region, and these have not been subject to this.

Cheers Ross

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pointless posts

A further look at Phu Quoc forum makes interesting reading.

Cheers Ross

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,706 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pointless posts

And that particular person has also been pointless on the Phuket forum.

Hey ho, another eejit dragging up old posts and pushing current ones off the first page, as always to the cost of replies to people who currently need help.

I do wish there was a report category for troll-like behaviour.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pointless posts

Any examples??? (don't read everything so obv miss some)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,433 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pointless posts

A category for itinerary assistance is also needed!

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,706 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pointless posts

Erm, do you mean an 'absolutely useless, unworkable, drop dead from exhaustion' itinerary assistance category daawgon? That would certainly get my vote.

Britmaveric, go to the Phu Quoc forum and look out for two particular recent posters.

Edited: 05 October 2012, 23:25
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pointless posts

that would get my vote too guys

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor