We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money again sorry !

uk
Level Contributor
205 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
money again sorry !

Hi all

We have our first trip to Vietnam booked for next May ,myself and OH

In all we will have two weeks there

3 nights Hanoi with a junk boat trip inc 7 nights Hoi Ann and 3 nights HCMC - all our hotels .flights & transfers are included so it is just spending money I'm wondering about and in what form? ..are ATM's the way to go with this ?

we just want basic local food with a few drinks ..nothing too flash and a few bits and bobs to bring home

I know this is a difficult question to answer but just for food and drink money can anyone give me a rough idea ? I can get a general jist of trips and taxis from other posts

thanks in advance

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: money again sorry !

I tend to take some cash to change as soon as I get there and then use ATMs when I travel. I would take at a look at moneysavingexpert - you can see for your debit card what the fees will be from your bank (you will also be charged by the ATM operator - hopefully somebody will post the charges) - if your bank charges are high you have time to get another one sorted.

I use a Nationwide debit card abroad whilst they do now charge for withdrawals it is less than many of the other banks.

Juliet

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money again sorry !

"money again sorry "

You ask a question with this title so you are obviously aware that it is asked every couple of days.

Heres a tip

Prices haven't changed in the last couple of days.

Please oh please look back at some of these older posts you know to be there.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money again sorry !

Lizzy, trips aside we spent about £25 a day on food and drink for two of us. Beers are around 70p, meals in average restaurants/cafes cost us no more than a fiver a time and often less, coffee etc is about 30p, and water is about the same. If your hotel inc breakfast and you are having a few drinks here and there that will be enough. Restaurant prices of course vary but sticking to mid range ones keeps your bill down and is often just as good but maybe in less plush surroundings. We took a few hundred pounds in sterling as back up in case we had a card problem, drew some dong out at the airport and then more as we needed it and paid for all trips on MasterCard. Charges were around 3% to take money out. You spend so little really it's not a big deal charge wise. The most costly trip was Halong Bay.

uk
Level Contributor
205 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money again sorry !

JoLeicester and Norfolk lass thankyou for your helpfull replies :) you've been a great help :)

5. Re: money again sorry !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:17