We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

My wife and I are visiting Vietnam, arriving HCMC on the evening of the 19th Nov and departing HCMC 27th Nov early morning. So really on 7 full days.

We want to see as much of the country as possible. Don't mind internal flights. Any suggestions for such a short stay?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

Stay only in the south. VN is a long country and the north will be cold, and the central probably wet. HCMC, Mekong, Phu Quoc, Dalat or Mui Ne, or a combo of any.

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

In the south, If the typoons are not present, I agree witgh Ross but suggest 3 nights with a night in the Mekong and 2 or 4 nights in another location I suggest Nha Trang weather permitting as there are many activities and tours available, however....

The weather is pretty good in the north in November. I might suggest also transferring to a local flight

3 nights Hanoi

1 night Halong Bay

3 nights Sapa

Owee

www.owee58.com

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

If you really want to see as much as you can I would suggest 1 night Saigon, 1 nights Mekong then 1 nights Ha noi, 1 night Halong Bay, 1 night Ninh Binh, 1 night Mai Chau.This is dobale but you will travel quite abit.

Cheers,

Nhung

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

For me the weather in the north is perfect in November - almost no rainfall and the horrific heat and humidity of the summer months have abated to a pleasant and comfortable level.

However as you're landing in HCMC and you will need a full week to visit the places Owee suggests, flying north might not make sense as you will lose so much time getting there and back when all factors are taken into account.

Seeing as much of the country as possible is ok in theory but not in practice as you will spend too much time travelling and too little experiencing the places you visit, so keep your number of destinations to the bare minimum and give yourself the chance to enjoy them properly.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

Thanks Ross. I would imagine the best thing to do in this case is to book a hotel for the night of our arrival and play it by ear from there. Curious though re the cold, what would the temp be in Halong Bay at this time of the year approx, we are from Scotland and have found that ones persons cold is tee shirt weather for me.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

As you are from Scotland and I'm from Australia then there probably wont be the contrast that I feel ! Temp range daytime is probably 18-22 C.

Cheers Ross

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

In the same period in November last year the temperatures were in the 24-28 C range in Hanoi, perhaps slightly cooler in Halong Bay in the evening. Perfect for those of us adapted to much cooler climes - 20C constitutes a heat wave where I live (Wales, high altitude)!

dalat
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

Saigon - flight to hanoi - halong bay - hanoi - flight back to saigon- mekong ( or cu chi tunnel for 1 day)

Cheers

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,726 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

Fall is the best time for N. Vietnam in my opinion - that's why I'm soon on my way

(I also like March)

10. Re: Trip to Vietnam Nov 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 10:19