We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 week itinerary feedback

Halifax
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
3 week itinerary feedback

Hi there,

We are planning three weeks March 2013 for 4 - early 40's female from Canada and we are looking for a blend of cultural, outdoors and food. I have reviewed other trips on TA and here is what we came up with. We are trying to design a trip that is not too aggressive and allows for time to enjoy. Ww have opted to fly where possible to maximize our time.

March 17 - arrive in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) at 1am

March 18 - fly to Hoi An

March 19 - Hoi An

March 20 - Hoi An

March 21 - fly to Hanoi

March 22 - hanoi

March 23 - Hanoi overnight train to Sapa

March 24 - Sapa /homestay (hire private guide)

March 25 - Sapa hotel

March 26 - Sapa/overnight train to Hanoi

March 27 - transfer to Halong Bay (Junk tour - Dragon Pearl)

March 28 - Halong Bay(Junk tour - Dragon Pearl)

March 29 - Halong bay /transer to Hanoi airport/fly to HCMC

March 30 - HCMC (city tour and Cu Chi tunnels)

March 31 - Delta (Private guide)

April 1 - Delta (Private guide who will mid day transfer to airport)

April 2 - Phu Quoc

April 3 - Phu Quoc

April 4 - Phu Quoc

April 5 - Phu Quoc /HCMC for early morning departure!

April 6 - depart 6AM

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

Looks good.

I understand that you take the flight from Can Tho (delta) to Phu quoc .?

If you have some more days, you can go further soyth to Soc Trang and Rach gia. (also part of delta). From Rach gia you can take a ferry to phu Quoc.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

Good pacing and well captured with highlights, beach and cities. Happy planning!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

Really?? You could do do much more in 3 weeks... I suggest taking 2 nights from Phu Quoc, 1 night from Hoi An (2 is enough) and adding Nha Trang or perhaps Dalat or Mui Ne unless you enjoy the boredom ( some see it as tranquility with a book but you can do that at home ;)

Owee

www.owee58.com

Halifax
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

Thanks for your feedback Owee but we are looking to have a few days in each place as our trip to Argentina and Chile ended up having us travel alot and waiting in airports so this trip we were looking for an average of 3 days per place so we could get a some sense of the place and we were also considering dropping a place to allow for additional days across the trip - prehaps Sapa?

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,877 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

Gosh c_mkenzie, I certainly wouldn't recommend adding any more places as your itinerary is already jam-packed - people who try to cram in as much as possible underestimate how much time can be eaten up by travelling from place to place and how much poorer their experience of Vietnam is as a consequence - and how exhausting!.

The only place I can see where you could prune a day from your itinerary to add to somewhere else is Phu Quoc. Would I do it? Most certainly not. By that point you will need to flop a bit and bring your holiday to a relaxing end before that long flight home.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

I am wondering if it may be better to fly into Hanoi from where you can visit Halong and sapa, then fly down to Danang (for Hoi An) , then onto HCM for Delta and Phu Quoc. I believe it is possible to fly from the Delta to Phu Quoc or at least there is a ferry. This way means that there is no back tracking.

I guess it depends on which airlines you are using, we used cathy pacific which has quick connections both to Hanoi and HCM

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
234 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

We are also 4 in our 50's going March 2013 for 3 weeks! We are doing:

Arrive HCMC fly directly to Hanoi

Hanoi 2 days - Halong Bay 2n/3d

Hanoi

Hoi An

Nha Trang

Phu Quoc

HCMC

About 3 to 4 days each place!

Decided against Sapa due to train/toilet conditions!

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

It is a well done programme and you did a good job of ending your tour at the Beach with nice weather.

I would not suggest to add any more places as thia is more than enough and you will have lots to see/learn and enjoy!

Cheers,

Nhung

Halifax
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

Hi there.....Gem166 - we have our flights booked as we were looking initially to fly into Hanoi and department from HMC but the flights were significantly more expensive so we decided to fly in and out of HMC.

10. Re: 3 week itinerary feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2013, 10:18