We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Dong Hoi to Hanoi

9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get from Dong Hoi to Hanoi

Hi there,

We are leaving this noon from Hué to Dong Hoi with the train, to see the national park. But I was wondering what the best way is to get from Dong Hoi to Hanoi on monday? I would prefere to fly, if it isn't to expensife. But I can't find any flight on that day…

Are there actually flights on that day? And how much do they cost?

Or is the train a good alternative?

Thanks

leicester
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Dong Hoi to Hanoi

We have done this trip by train and its ok. We travelled overnight and it took around 11 hours. Not sure about flights. We booked our tickets via Vietnam Impressive who delivered them to our hotel in Hanoi before we set off to Dong Hoi. It's well worth the trip there, the Paradise Cave is amazing...

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Dong Hoi to Hanoi

I believe there's a daily flight in and out of DH to and from HCMC and HN.

Edited: 10 November 2012, 02:35
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Dong Hoi to Hanoi

train is good idea if you want to have sightseeing along the way. I guess that if you couldn't find any flight on Monday so the tickets are sale out coz there is a daily flight from DH-HN, so train seems tobe good with your case.

4. Re: Best way to get from Dong Hoi to Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:15