We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

1 night Saigon-land at 10pm, go to bed

1 night Saigon-Tour city, do foodie motorbike tour

Day tour to mekong delta / 1 night in Saigon

Fly to Dalat - mid day

1 night Dalat

1 Night in central highlands via easy rider tour

1 Night in central highlands via easy rider tour

1 night Nha trang

1 night Nha trang

Day in nha trang

Train to hoi an and arrive in hoi an at night

1 night hoi an

1 night hoi an

1 night hoi an

Fly from danang to Hanoi

2 nights Hanoi

2 nights halong bay

Thank you all for your help!

Does anyone have ANYTHING i should change?

XO Tours
Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Le Family Rider
City Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Hanoi Street Food Tour
Food Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Cooking Classes, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Back of the Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Private Tours
Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

You have not indicated your intended time to travel, assuming you travel in the warmer periods of the year your itinerary sounds good to me for a quick look around.

Greg

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

I think you have done a great job - all I would change is I would spend one night only in Halong Bay and I would use that night in the Mekong Delta at a home stay.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

Well, you do seem to be short-changing Dalat, which has a lot to offer and is certainly worth 2 full days at the very least, but pruning that extra time from the other places on your itinerary wouldn't be great either.

Praha, less is definitely more in SE Asia, meaning you would probably obtain more satisfaction by reducing your number of destinations and doing the remaining ones justice.

You can always come back you know!

Also, as Greg says the month of your visit is very important as there are three distinct climatic zones in Vietnam. Not only is it sensible to take the various typhoon seasons in the three zones into account, with the concomitant risk of flooding and transportation disruptions, but also there is a definite winter in the north and to a slightly lesser extent the centre. When are you planning to visit?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

I am visiting in June of 2013.

i have already booked my motorbike tour starting in Dalat on June 11th so I cannot add the homestay in Mekong Delta. I could always add another night in Hanoi instead of doing a 2 night tour to Halong Bay.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

Well, apart from some short-lived torrential downpours here and there, you shouldn't encounter too many nasties weatherwise in June, as long as you can cope with the high temperatures and humidity that can be expected in the coastal flatlands from the south through to the north.

Opinions are very divided on the length of time to spend on Halong Bay versus Hanoi. Don't want to inflict mine on you, but the very (and I mean very) minimum time needed for Hanoi is two full days. With itineraries that refer only to nights it's impossible to work out whether you have allocated just a day to Hanoi between the two nights stipulated. If you have, then you might consider subtracting a night from Halong Bay.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

Looks good to me. You riders should include some of the more difficult sights to see in Dalat before departing for Lak Lake so most of Dalat will be covered. I might take a day from Hoi An and use it to overnight in The Mekong or take a night from Hoi An and a night from Halong and add Hue...... But whatever you decide if fine.... it all looks good.

Owee

www.owee58.com

7. Re: How does this itinerary look? 15 nights total

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:18