We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong Bay, who should I choose?

Sydney
Level Contributor
919 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Halong Bay, who should I choose?

Hi All,

Been wading through the threads and thought it time to post my own question.

I am going to Vietnam for 2 weeks, most probably staying at ParkHyatt HCMC, The Nam Hoi Hoi An and possibly Sofitel in Hanoi so prefer the luxury end of town and have a high budget.

What companies/boats should I research? Trying to decide on 1 night or 2, possibly prefer 2 due the distance to get there and want some down time relaxing rather than rushing around on kayaks. My husband is a Chef, so looking for good food and I note some of the beds are uncomfortable?

Suggestions please?

Thanks. Lozzie64

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong Bay, who should I choose?

For top of the line luxury look at Au Co. Not that many stars but still very luxurious is Indochina Sails. Behind them, check out Indochina Junks and Bhaya. All go to the same parts of Bai Thu Long Bay, which is less crowded.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halong Bay, who should I choose?

Check out both the Indochina sails and the Indochina junk websites they have upmarket options.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong Bay, who should I choose?

Other very good options are Paradise Peak and Violet. Indochina Sails also run the Valentine Premium which is great for charter and it sounds like suitable for you. Indochina Junk and Bhaya are a little bit lower than your standard.

Sydney
Level Contributor
919 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong Bay, who should I choose?

Thank you all,

I will focus on checking out your suggestions now that you have helped narrow it down.

Lozzie64

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halong Bay, who should I choose?

We visited H.Bay in Nov12 and did a 1night cruise with Paradise. Very comfy beds with own balcony and while not a chef we thought the food excellent. I believe they are priced at the higher range but worth it in my opinion. They also have their own separate jetty facilities which was nice.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halong Bay, who should I choose?

I would recommend you to choose Bhaya cruise in Halong bay. This company is on the Top in Halong bay about the service and cruise ship. Other, you can consider at Aphrodite cruise. Have good trip.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halong Bay, who should I choose?

We have just returned and I definitely commend Indochina Junk for 2 nights and 3 days. They have lovely boats. .we went on dragon pearl. 18 passengers. Beautiful food. Great activities and go to quieter part of bay. Also dinner in cave is awesome.

8. Re: Halong Bay, who should I choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 05:17