We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem: Online Flight Booking

Newtown...
9 posts
Save Topic
Problem: Online Flight Booking

Hi,

I am trying to purchase domestic air travel in Vietnam for a trip in April on both Vietnam Airlines and VietJet. I was able to book Hanoi to Hue online successfully (after 3 attempts) on Vietnam airlines. I have three other flights to book to complete my itinerary. I am having trouble with my credit card not being able to be verified. With every attempt I get an error message that states that my card is not verified and to check with my bank. It is a CHASE Sapphire Preferred Card. I have verified with my bank that there are no holds on my account . I have even attempted to process the transaction while on the phone with CHASE. They told me they don't see any transactions hitting the card (Other than the one successful attempt). They believe it is a problem with the website. We are experiencing this issue with both Vietnam Airlines and VietJet. We are planning to call the offices directly on Skype, but wanted to check with the forum to see if anyone else experienced this or has any suggestions.

Appreciate your help!

Tina

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
14,623 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problem: Online Flight Booking

Others have reported similar problems - suggest you search the forum

(I have personally never had a problem booking on VN) VN uses the US based Sabre booking engine. Are you using the US site for VN?

Newtown...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Problem: Online Flight Booking

Thanks for your response. We called Vietnam Airlines and were able to be assisted. You need to ensure that the location is properly set to the United States in the top right hand corner. For some reason the website was automatically choosing Vietnam for me. Once I changed that, I was able to process the transaction. Still no luck with VietJet. We attempted to call their office on Skype as well but we were not able to get through. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,767 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problem: Online Flight Booking

Always use Vietnam site when booking!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Problem: Online Flight Booking

I have exactly the same problem with my card(s) (all of them). The problems began in August of 2012 if memory serves. VA told me to take a screen dump of the error message and to contact my bank. It shows from my bank's log files that they never received any message from Vietnam Airlines or their bank.

Thus my bank cannot help. Vietnam Airlines changed their system in August (around the 10th, I believe) and they refuse to recognise that they screwed up lots of potential customer's purchases.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problem: Online Flight Booking

Also had issues but was advised to change the 'location' in top right hand corner to Australia and prob was solved. This was done on the legit Vn website..... apparently it has been an issue since they upgraded their website

6. Re: Problem: Online Flight Booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:19