We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

Villa Park, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

Read forum messages concerning this company in China...but has anybody traveled to Vietnam and Cambodia with this company? I want to go this Oct. and have narrowed it down to 2 tour companys: Colette people have heard of but not Nexus Holidays.

Any info on your experiences with them would be appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

Hi jane m,

Welcome to the forums!

This forum is for assistance using the site and its features. There are many forums on TripAdvisor. I entered Nexus Holidays in the search bar upper right and there are a number of threads from different forums which would be of interest to you. I'd suggest having a read through and then starting a new thread to see if someone has current experience.

Here's the Vietnam Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g293921-i8432-Vietn…

and the Cambodia Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g293939-i9162-Cambo…

To find a destination forum, you can enter the name of the city and the word "forum" in the search box top right (above the green bar): e.g. Paris Forum. To find a list of the forums, type forum in the box and you'll see a link to all of the forums including the Beyond Destination forums.

Have a good trip.

L4

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

Hi jane,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the TripAdvisor Support forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Vietnam forums. Please feel free to post a similar topic on the Cambodia forums, as needed. I hope you find the information yuo need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Brampton, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

I would NEVER EVER book anything with Nexus Holidays again! I attended their 5 day Thailand tour in April 2013, it was the crappiest time of my life!! They were a DIS-ORGANIZED MESS! They asked for their TIP up front on the first day of the tour, no wonder, because if they asked for it in the end, they would not have gotten any tips at all. DON"T believe anything they tell you at the time of booking because it is all LIES, when we arrived in Thailand, there was nobody there at the airport to greet us we had to search and ask the airline for assistance! We moved Hotels 4 times out of the 5 days!!! The places they took us to were all tourist traps, crowded and rude people just trying to sell you anything! Don't book with Nexus Holidays if you want to enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 01:35
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

As far as we know, Nexus Holidays is a big company based not only in Shanghai but also in the USA and Canada. They have very good reputation and therefore become successful in this industry. Some problems that happen here and there may be out of their control and they were not reported about it officially. Do you think it's like "A worm spoils a whole apple: Try again and hope you have good time.

Dapto, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

I travelled with Nexus in China & we had a great holiday. It was a big group & the organisation was spot on. It was informative, fun & the guides where friendly & helpful. We are going to Vietman with them in Oct.

Dapto, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

I travelled with Nexus in China & we had a great holiday. It was a big group & the organisation was spot on. It was informative, fun & the guides where friendly & helpful. We are going to Vietman with them in Oct.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

Went on a tour with Nexus Holidays this past October to Vietnam & had a wonderful time!

They were very helpful with organising our visas, & all tour guides spoke good English, & were very helpful & informative. Everything was very well organised & I would certainly go with them again.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

My husband & I took a Vietnam tour in October through Nexus Holidays in Sydney & had a wonderful time!

They were very helpful with our visas & the Vietnamese tour guides were excellent : spoke English well, & were helpful & knowledgeable.

I thought things were very well organised & I wouldn't hesitate to travel with them again.

Edited: 22 December 2014, 06:50
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nexus Holidays to Vietnam/Cambodia?

We are two seniors who have just returned from the 16-day IndoChina tour to Vietnam and Cambodia with Nexus Holidays in Toronto. I will never go with them again. They are not good in researching their tours and attending to details. DO NOT GO BY BUS from Seam Reap to Phnom Penh. Their itinerary and brochure says it is a 5-hr drive but that is a lie!!! It is almost an 8hr ride on very bumpy, dusty road that is 95% under construction. We were bopping up and down, sideways and we were shaken every which way. We we're scared the bus will overturn. There is no view no see; the bathrooms on the second stop was very primitive. My luggage was covered in about a cm of red dust when we got to Phnom Penh. It would have been a 45 min flight or less if they had flown us and we would have gladly paid for the flight had we been given the right information. We wasted a full day having left at 7:30 am and arriving at 2:45pm and for what?????.

The other thing is they did not coordinate our flight from Phnom Penh with our return flight from HK to Toronto which they had booked for us beforehand. It turned out there is only one flight from Phnom Penh to HK, which left at 7pm and so we had to cool our heels again for a full day in Phnom Penh. The hotel is not closed to anything so you can't really go anywhere. Thank goodness our guide was able to arrange for a late check out at 3pm. We had to spend overnight in HK, just to sleep for a few hours to catch our flight home the next day. On top of that they booked us in Kowloon, 45 min from the airport so we didn't get checked in till past midnight. We had to incur meal, transfer and hotel expenses which could have been avoided if they had taken the time to find alternatives for us.Though we booked early Oct., we didn't get the details of the tours, hotels and the internal flights till Dec. 27 and we had to follow up several times. I sent a note to Nexus about this but did not get a response other than to say they have forwarded my email to their contact in Vietnam.