We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q: Halong bay - Cat Ba 2 day tour

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Q: Halong bay - Cat Ba 2 day tour

Hi,

I just came across the following offer, looks good to me as it offers a 2 day trip from Hanoi to halong bay for 100 USD with hotel.

catbavietnam.com/hanoi-halong-bay-cat-ba-isl…

I am wondering whether anyone used this service and can recommend it or if this is a bit dodgy?

Many thanks!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Q: Halong bay - Cat Ba 2 day tour

Don't skimp on Halong Bay. You get exactly what you pay for. And wouldn't you rather spent the night (or two) on a junk in the middle of the bay than in a hotel somewhere on land?

Far better to go with a reputable junk company who will pick you up and return you to your Hanoi hotel, and keep you on the water. Plenty of good ones to choose from. Jasmine, Ginger, Bhaya, Indochina Sails..... the list goes on.

We went on Dragon Pearl, one of the Indochina Junk fleet, and couldn't fault it. Splurge a bit for this part of your trip. You won't regret it.

2. Re: Q: Halong bay - Cat Ba 2 day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 21:05
Makati, Rizal...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Q: Halong bay - Cat Ba 2 day tour

Yes, don't skimp on Halong Bay. We actually took a similar tour last year and it didn't go well at all. When do you plan to travel since it's still cold at this time of the year

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Q: Halong bay - Cat Ba 2 day tour

thanks for all your concerns. Yes, it is a group tour and overnight you will stay at a probably cheap hotel at cat ba. I am travelling alone, so it would be good stuff to join a group.

I just checked with Indochina Sail, a 2 nights cruise, and that was for a single traveller 400 USD... definitely not up too spend so much money to be honest.

Are any of the reputable operators offering group tours?

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Q: Halong bay - Cat Ba 2 day tour

I did 3days/2nights with one night on the junk and the other on CatBa island. I didn't like CatBa at all and felt it was a wasted day and night. I travelled solo so paid extra for single accommodation both nights although there were a couple of ladies travelling alone who had decided to share.

I would recommend you choose a good company and manage your budget by doing just 2days/1night - you'll still have a great experience.

Trisha

6. Re: Q: Halong bay - Cat Ba 2 day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 06:16