We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is it with getting reviews removed

Alexandra Vic...
Level Contributor
394 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
What is it with getting reviews removed

We recently spent over 30 days in Cambodia & Vietnam and I submitted quite a few reviews, one was removed by trip advisor with an email to myself saying the review wasn't mine. We decided to email trip advisor all the emails we received from the hotel trying to bribe us with offers of free accomadation when we return or even paying for our lodgings in HoiAn. That was over a month ago and we still have heard nothing from TA, I am starting to wonder whether it is worth doing reviews etc. TA in there original email accused me & my family of fraud which is why we sent them our correspondence from the hotel. By the way the hotel is ranked No 1 in Hue, perhaps because they bribe reviewers.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

The hotel probably contacted Tripadvisor saying they had no record of you staying there but if you've sent TA a copy of the correspondence from the hotel all you can do now is wait and see what they say but I would post another review and see what happens.

israel
Level Contributor
169 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

Sounds very serious!

Can you share with us ... Which hotel was it ???

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

Please repost the review.

TA has too many positive ones without any useful information apart the reception smiling 24 hours a day, etc...

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,412 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

If you head over to the Support Forum and do a search you will find instructions on applying to TA to have your review reinstated. Things to avoid in the review are mentioning names of staff, other people's experiences (eg "some other guests told us they had similar problems") and too "brochure-y" a tone so it sounds more like a personal experience. Use "I/We" and "My/Our" a lot :-)

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,883 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

Was it the Hoi An Chic Hotel ? I too would like to know as any Hotel/Resort that offers incentives for a good review needs to seriously outed in my view.

Ross

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An Chic Hotel
Hoi An Chic Hotel
1,122 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

I sometimes wonder if it matters. The only thing constant in Vietnam is change. A good hotel today might be a construction site tomorrow. Or sitting right next to an ear deafening construction site.

It's just a hotel. Nobody stays for weeks in a hotel, so why does it matter? Even if they do, they'll move if it is no good.

Mentioned in this post
israel
Level Contributor
169 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

I think it's important because if someone like me ,for example, is now looking for a particular hotel and the hotel is very high rated wrongly you should know this ...

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

Jim on a beach place I always book an hotel for 1 month if it's around xmas or TET....

And I hate to change place, the black cloud usually follow me and the new place is worse...

But you are correct about the constant change.

On my last trip EVERY place had Wifi problems, like a week down due to upgrade (1 week? I could have done it myself in half a day..)....

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
848 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

Was it the Hoi An Chic Hotel ?

---------------------------------------------

Bowenarrow, the OP stated that "the hotel is ranked No 1 in Hue". Hoian Chic is in Hoian.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An Chic Hotel
Hoi An Chic Hotel
1,122 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is it with getting reviews removed

1 negative (real) review it's usually worth 20 same same positive ones.

if I see more than 1 review talking about bed bugs hotel will go in black list for 1 year.

same for place that delete or pay for reviews.

but reading reviews sometimes is fun :-)

i really liked the b&B in Mui Ne with the 2 little dogs that bite clients but the owner (westerner) do not keep them on leash because they only byte few people :-)

in her country she will get sued, the police will take care of the dogs and if the client have to go to an hospital for checks she will pay 1 million dollar..

but we are in Vietnam :-)

Mentioned in this post
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam