We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

Hi,

I'm planning 14 days in North Vietnam on September.

Everyone says that Sapa is the best place in North Vietnam for Trekking.

I'm surely gonna spend the 4 last days in Sapa (out of 14 days in north Vietnam).

Before I move north to Sapa (I'll be landing in Hanoi), what other places there are to visit that offer awesome trekking like Sapa?

I'm into trekking among tribes and villages so I could absorb some of the local culture.

Thank you :-)

Edited: 08 July 2013, 17:42
London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

Could you please share your experiences :)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

also good places in the north of Vietnam for hiking and exchange culture with minority people.

Little Vietnam Tours

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

Hi,

What places?

Could you name them?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

Have you looked into the Ha Giang region?

Hamburg, Germany
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

Ha Giang, Son La, Dien Bien, Cao Bang

However, the services over these places is not various as Sapa. You might enjoy the beautiful scenes when driving by motorbike.

leicester
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

Ha Giang takes at least 5 days out of your plans as its so far to get to and remote. If you are going to Sapa, Ha Giang may be a bit too similar (not in terms of experience but in scenic terms)The Ninh Binh region including the national parks is a stunning area and beautiful scenery in September as its so green. If you get there, two hours approx by train from Hanoi, hire a moped and driver for the day to take you into the local villages and stay at least for two days to see the minimum of what it has to offer. Look at Mai Chau as well for nice scenery and tribes though its a long time since they wore the traditional dress. Sapa is great for trekking and tribes once you get off the tourist trails but you already have four days doing that so you will easily fill the other ten days with Halong Bay, Hanoi itself, and perhaps NB or MC so don't worry about not having enough to do. The locals in Hanoi are as interesting as any tribes!

7. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 12:38
leicester
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

Sounds like the above poster is advertising his services to me!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

The Vietnamese backpacker always like Ha Giang than Sapa. Ha Giang is one off the beaten path. You could consider to looking into it. Moc Chau Plateau is worth in your list to consider. Both Ha Giang and Moc Chau is less tourists than Sapa.

Tungdulich

10. Re: Places in north Vietnam similar to Sapa, for trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:17