We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Vietnam where to go in November

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time to Vietnam where to go in November

Hi all, We are visiting Vietnam In November for our first time. I am flying into HCMC and plan spending a day or two here. Where would you recommend traveling to? We enjoy the beach & pub/food scene also all the touristy stuff. What sort of budget per day should we need if we are going to pay for accommodation and do what we enjoy, nice decent hotel with pool.

We have been to Thailand on several occasions and love the buzz around Phuket Bangla Road.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Onetrip Motorcycle Adventures
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Classy Travel - Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Hanoi Backstreet Tours
City Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Xuan Tu Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Level Contributor
14,930 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Vietnam where to go in November

Stan, you have provided too little information for helpful answers.

For example, how long will your visit be in total, and what precisely do you mean by a "nice decent hotel with pool"? Do you plan to tour around the country (which is what experiencing Vietnam is essentially about) or stay put in one destination after HCMC?

One thing's for sure though, if you're looking for an equivalent to Phuket you're not going to find it in Vietnam.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Vietnam where to go in November

November is the good time to visit the South and the North , It might be still a bit of rain but not a problem.

Mui ne, Nha Trang or Phu Quoc would be good beaches for you at this time of year. But it will not be similar to Phu Ket as mentioned above.

The North will be cooler at this time of year and I would suggest to visit Ha Long Bay , Ha Noi, Ninh Binh, Mai Chau etc.

The Central of Vietnam will be rainy and flood season so I would suggest to skip this region.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Vietnam where to go in November

As CB states, your question is a tad vague - this indicates to me that you have not yet researched Vietnam very thoroughly, and believe me, this is a really big mistake. VN is not your average beach next to Thailand - unless you do your homework, the chances of a successful trip are not real good (sorry for being so blunt)

Travelfish.org is a very good place to start

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Vietnam where to go in November

November is the best time to visit both North and South of Vietnam. bad time to visit the central. if you have about 2 weeks, you should do both north and south, North for the sightseeing, history, culture, South for the beach time. Regarding the accommodation, with about $80 you can get a 4 stars hotel with a nice pool. The expend per day is really depends on your travel style (standard, mid range or luxury one)

TUN Travel

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Vietnam where to go in November

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply's. Sorry for being a bit vague, we are just starting our research now on what to do. Myself and my partner are staying for two weeks in Vietnam, we are staying for 2 nights in Ho Chi Minh city then moving to Nha Trang for ten nights then returning to Ho Chi Minh city for two nights. What i would like to know is there plenty to do and see around Nha Trang? We have booked the Hanoi Golden Hotel does anyone have any feedback on this hotel. When i mentioned we like the buzz of Phuket, i did not mean go-go bars,ladyboys and such like. What i meant is there plenty of good eating places and nice friendly pubs with a good atmosphere round about this area?

What would you recommend doing in and around Nha Trang at this time of year i,e trips & sight seeing?

Edited: 27 July 2013, 22:58
Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Vietnam where to go in November

Have you searched reviews of the Hanoi Golden Hotel on here? We have found the Trip Advisor reviews really useful for booking our hotels for our upcoming trip. Type the name of the hotel into the search box at the top right of the page. A list of hotels comes up - though I had to scroll down to find the one in Nha Trang. There are 39 reviews of this hotel. Have a read through those to get a sense of what it's like. I usually ignore reviews from someone with only 1 or 2 posts. These are often the hotel themselves (if glowing), or a competitor (if slating the hotel). You can also look at pictures people have uploaded. You can also put in the name of a place and get a list of activities - also ranked and with reviews. We have found this very useful in working out what we are interested in seeing and what would not interest us. Good luck with your research.

7. Re: First time to Vietnam where to go in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:16