We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mui Ne or Nha Trang

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mui Ne or Nha Trang

Heading to Vietnam in Dec/Jan for about 3 - 4 weeks. Planning on Doing the North the Flying into Da Nang. We have 3 teenagers 17,15,13 and want to have a few days relaxing on the beach before heading off to HCMC and the Mekong Delta. Wondering if Mui Ne or Nha Trang would be better suited for the family. Or should we skip these places and head to Phu Quoc Island.

Thanks

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

Nha Trang will be good for your kids as the VinPearl Land may highlight their trip.

Albany Western...
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

We have just returned a couple of weeks ago from Nha Trang.We have a 13 year old son and he loved Vinpearl.There are lots of inflatables for the kids at the beach too.(big kids as well).We visited Phu Quoc briefly but my son became ill and had to return to Ho Chi Minh so we didnt get to see all of Phu Quoc.Going to Mui Ne next year,I believe great for windsurfing amd lovely beach.Hoi An worth a visit too,plenty of tours to do and the beach is superb.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

If you like the Gold Coast you could choose Nha Trang. If you would prefer Byron Bay/Noosa then Mui Ne is your comparison.

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

I also suggest Nha Trang...... Gold coast?? in the tourist area perhaps but there are other beaches and other areas of the city that are nothing like it... With Kids, there is more to do in Nha Trang than any other location.

Owee58

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

Thank you so much for you responses. I much prefer Byron/Noosa... no question. I actually hate the Gold Coast. But I would do it for my Kids, after all I will be dragging them from place to place every few night to try and see some of Vietnam. However I am finding it very difficult to get accommodation in Mui Ne. Would love to hear your opinions on Phu Quoc Island. As I am thinking of by-passing Nha Trang and Mui Ne and making Phu Quoc Island the beach destination for a few days.

Cheers Guys

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

Jody what is known as Mui Ne is not the main resort area. Phan Thiet is the province capital and Mui Ne, Ham Tien, and Phu Hai are the 3 main wards of that city. For marketing purposes all the wards have been dumped into one- Mui Ne. Ham Tien has the largest range of Resorts and 80% are beachfront ( although there has been some sand loss similar to east coast of OZ. They range in cost from $15 upwards with most of the 5 star places being around $100, although at the time of year you are looking at is the highest season so space is short and prices higher.

Where have you looked ? There are quite a few high standard 2-3 star places for between $20 and $40.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

Huh!! I suggest doing a little more research on your destinations...... Nha Trang is probably the best destination to go with kids.... but alas, it is your vacation and hopefully you will be happy wherever you choose. I would love to link to some good informative information on Phu Quoc and Nha Trang, but I am afraid it would be deleted.

Owee58

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

With teenagers it has to be Nha Trang. You give them a few dollars and let them go and do there own things, quite safe.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

Any place to recommend for two women , 55 yr old, active in na trang? We are sisters and looking for a relaxing beach vacation after lots of sightseeing in north. Concerned na trang too busy and family oriented.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mui Ne or Nha Trang

"Concerned na trang too busy and family oriented". Not at all.